Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Re: Morgul Mage Discussion - power, grinding, balance

Post by Alorrana » 26 Apr 2011 20:59

will you ever agree :D ?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Apr 2011 21:01

A mage killing a Ranger - reason enough
A mage killing a Ranger in ME - bigger reason
A mage killing a ranger in ME after another ranger killed a mage - You got to be kidding me..

Same apply the otherway around ofcourse.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 26 Apr 2011 21:21

Blame the rebels and their allies, it's always their fault. ;)
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2011 21:53

Kas wrote:Blame the rebels and their allies, it's always their fault. ;)
I take it we have an agreement and you stop trying to defend your retard-king's actions now? ;)

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 26 Apr 2011 22:22

Laurel - you have to remember that the Society is an autocracy. So, if the King says "X", the Society does "X". There's no second guessing nor alternative paths.

And we certainly don't get to call him "retard" or somesuch (at least in earshot of anyone). ;-)

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 26 Apr 2011 22:25

Kas: The question here was whether Padraig was correct or not with his statement:
Padraig wrote:If a Mage is after you, it's because you were warned, usually several times, and you failed to listen.
Apparently he was not.

Your statement:
Kas wrote:Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).
...has nothing to do with the above. It's a totally different thing. And also wrong.

EDIT: Second quote was made by Kas, not Padraig
Last edited by Booger on 26 Apr 2011 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 26 Apr 2011 22:31

I remember getting attacked by a MM once. A long time ago. I only introduced myself.

Could be he didn't like rangers... who knows :) (had my little buddy Nogard close by so
we swiftly whooped his butt)

But in general my experience with MM is that you don't get attacked unless you provoke them.
Being in a directly opposing guild is a provocation.
I've even managed to be quite harsh in my language against them without getting attacked, and
we all know that it's mercy, not fear, that stops them :D

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 26 Apr 2011 22:53

I'd say Padraig is quite correct, but exceptions may happen from time to time either willingly(tactical reasons) or by accident.

So "mostly" is probably the correct answer.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 26 Apr 2011 22:57

Arent you all forgetting anyone can attack anyone anytime?

So blaming who killed who first and what are "valid" reasons doesnt seem very useful... Do you even need a valid reason to kill anyone? No.

But that is exactly why I want all guilds to have balanced PVP abilites so everyone have an equal chance of killing another player. If PVP is to be completely free, everyone shuld have a fair chance. Or we will have bullies. Mages have perhaps historically been the biggest "bullies" I think. Knights were big bullies awhile too when they had their superior block and killed AAs all over, for awhile DAs could stun whole teams with their dragons and slaughter them... And then we had vampires with invisibility and cling... Fact is, if one guild or faction has better PVP abilities than others, they easily become bullies and "untouchable". It has happened many times historically, and I think the only reason mages have managed to keep their abilities is because they use them just enough to not be too noticed... but that does not mean its good balance. Its even sad that mages have to be "responsible" with their powers. Thats really an odd way of balance.

And I was never "whining" and wanting anyone to be nerfed, all I want is PVP (and everything else) to be balanced, and I honestly think MMs have PVP abilities are pretty superior compared to most other guilds.

Buts its not only MMs, ogres have a stomp, and knights have better block than everyone else. I think all guilds should have some sort of PVP ability. Just like normal specials, all guilds have them, its the same but different types in every guild, and so should PVP abilities be imho, alla guilds have some type of them.

Otherwise we will never get a balanced PVP I think. When some guilds have very useful PVP abilities, and most dont have any at all.

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 23:30

Cherek wrote:Arent you all forgetting anyone can attack anyone anytime?
I'll try saying this a different way. Celephias alluded to it. I'll bluntly say it: It doesn't work that way in the Tower.

Genesis' Rules may say otherwise...doesn't matter one bit. I can go attack anyone I want, but without the King's Orders, I will lose my Robe. This is called self-policing.
Booger wrote:
Padraig wrote:Being attacked with no warning is the price you risk to pay when someone else in your guild do the same(scoring a kill or not).
Stop making up quotes kid. Bad form.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/