BDA special

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: BDA special

Post by Cherek » 25 Apr 2011 04:14

Celephias: Just making sure, it could easily start some rumor for real.:)
Last edited by Cherek on 25 Apr 2011 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Apr 2011 10:19

Cherek wrote:Sorry Draugor and Alorrana, I will bet on Petros and his numbers over your feel. :)

huh? i wasnt part of this discussion.. but i can be.. lets see, my second, a gladiator (hero) kills sailors in gont faster then Alorrana does. Soo.. that why i think AA is underpowered in Dam. Sure we are awsome tankers.. But thats not what AA is about, AA is getting a club and smashing the head of your enemy.. pretty simple..
Sure Alor can take bigger foes and what not, but smash is, and I say again.. Is underpowered.. no matter what Petros or any other wizard says.. Smash is Underpowered.. If AA was a good guild with a strong dam output, wouldnt there be more people in the guild.? I mean.. just doesnt add up with AA beeing so powerfull and Uber duper in petroses eyes, when infact people are running out of the guild..

All former AAs say its a joke, Several sleeping Angmarians dont want to play because its a joke.. in general people arent scared of Angmars.. because they know, they arent a threat..

Soo.. If we add it all up...Its not the most powerful guild, not the second most powerful guild.. not the third even... we are low low, wee bit better than glads and mercs.. but not up in the high end where they use to be... AA team orders only works with other AAs so in fact its useless. Old mercs could defend anyone.. but AAs cant.. on paper sure, there is alot of neat stuff with AA. but in RLP(real life play) it just doesnt work.. and they know it.. every one knows it besides cherek and Petros it seems..

But this isnt a AA thread.. so back to BDA.. i guess. :)
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 25 Apr 2011 14:37

For what it's worth Alorrana, you have my sympathy regarding the AA.

My suggestion: Drag with you a player of titan-myth size to the arena. Make him wear bubba gear, and test your AA vs Glad special in a fight vs the test-subject 10-100 fights(more fights, better the accuracy since it neuters the 'random factor' and reveals the steady 'average' performance). You should be able to demonstrate how the AA special is performing with good accuracy vs (insert guild & player here).

If the AA special kills slower than other specials performed of smaller sized players, well, that's a good indicator that AA is indeed underperforming (and possibly one of the reason people abandons AA as it were a sinking ship).

Make sure you measure the exact TIME betveen every fight, and you shall have your answer.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor

Post by Draugor » 25 Apr 2011 14:51

First, why is Mers here?

Second, I think Petros tests are just faulty, for a real test, join BDA with your junior char and try it out properly in the real world! (yes I know what I said:p) Then join some other guild like... knights and try it out on the same place, perhaps clear trollshaws out with each guild, the area is dead since the xp is less than worthless and it would be a good test area since there are some decent sized mobs, make the JR char the same size as the trolls and check the guilds versus them, also make sure to use the actual available gear to those guilds.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 25 Apr 2011 15:49

Then go try and test the ogre special and explain why we can't hit anything as large or larger than us :lol:

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 25 Apr 2011 16:04

OgreToyBoy wrote:Then go try and test the ogre special and explain why we can't hit anything as large or larger than us :lol:
Any special is better than ogres' one.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Apr 2011 16:35

By listening to all of you it seem like almost all guilds are underpowered... would that not mean... balance? :)

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 25 Apr 2011 16:43

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 25 Apr 2011 17:46

I seppose we all could want more damage, but ive been doing okay.. proberly could do better.. AA still have flaws and faults, but remember code is what.. almost 15 years old.. ofc there will be flaws and what not.. but still.. I stick around.. so, I admit.. yeah they work for me.. I guess sometimes when all the masses says its wrong, you auto follow and only see the bad things, I have ladt few days tested my skills agains several of Npc. and I can say, Its not Super duper Uber, but it eint bad.. I guess we could have more dam.. but then again.. everyone thinks that.. So I admit, comparing myself to Uber myths and their skills and having listened to the masses, I might have leaned to the disgrunted side.. but to be honest. As mentioned, I do very well agains NPC, my size and bigger. I kill slow perhaps, Yep. but i dont get hurt tho.. So this is new for me, and thanks to some talks with people upstairs i see my self as more af an equal, and will try to stop the bad rants on AA. I think Alot of it is bad PR actually, and Myself to blame for this aswell. :( but fact is, they arent all that bad.. I got Seren to Hurt when he was a Monk.. and hes what, A mountain size compared to most others.. soo.. admited, To many bad talkers about AA including me.. (you follow the masses) thats why the guild is where it is.. Sure its not as strong as it was in the past.. but then, there wasnt any balance then.

I think the thing is.. People want super fast kills, get xp super fast with specials that hurts like a scop or a mage.. but fact is that isnt possible..Someone will always find a better combo and weapons and armours to kill a bit faster than the other ones, and some will tank better than others...

So. Ill stop my bad PR and play my guild for what it is.. Angmar. with regreats, looking at fight logs and what not, I admit to being slightly wrong. Still have some flaws and draw backs.. but they arent that bad.. ok ? Flame me now sinners :twisted:

(im going to get my ass handed here..lol.. well i was wrong.. In some aspects hehe )
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Apr 2011 19:48

Alorrana, you are dead wrong in saying that AA is all about power, and not about defensive.

I mean, come on! You got a special with a shield!
How much clearer do you want to have it?

Not having the ability to use 2 weapons or a 2h weapon is kinda like saying "you're not that offensive".
So in my eyes AA was never ment to be so good and fast killers.
And to compare them with a guild that uses 2 weapons, well.. there you have it again.
2 weapons are offensive, weapon + shield is not.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/