If it hadn't been a joke ... you'd have felt ... ?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Did you secretly wish that Gorboth's April Fool's post hadn't been a joke?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 40

Amberlee
Myth

Re: If it hadn't been a joke ... you'd have felt ... ?

Post by Amberlee » 27 Apr 2011 19:00

Truth be told.. Merging the Dragonarmies into one guild is something that should have been done long ago.
And the gladiators should just be removed.

The mercs are needed and so much more could be done with them
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 27 Apr 2011 21:24

Padraig wrote:
Laurel wrote:BDA+RDA+PoT merge
AA+MM merge
RoN+RoI+SCOP merge
knights+Neidar merge
Calians+SU+SS merge
glads+mercs merge
leave ogres

did I miss anything out? :twisted:
Honestly, I'd go for something along these lines. Keep the same guild abilities, but merge each into one large guild. If nothing else, it would make being members of the lesser-active guilds less lonely. One big melee guild that could choose its focus isn't necessarily the worst idea ever. You could be well-rounded like a Knight, glass cannon like SU, geared for team only (but when in a team! watch out!!) like Calians...there's a lot you could do. But all would share a rack, guild hall, etc. and this would inherently be like the Sparkle idea of forcing people into more common areas.
Agreed.

However I would change the line up a bit.

AA+MM
Rangers+Militia (Upgraded to an OCC and add Sword skill)
Knights+Neidar
RDA+BDA+PoT
Calians+Scops
Glads+Mercs

And leave the Ogres, SS and SU alone.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 27 Apr 2011 21:33

I haven't voted....i see benefit in merging some guilds. but I prefer the diversity overall.
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 27 Apr 2011 21:38

Kitriana wrote:I haven't voted....i see benefit in merging some guilds. but I prefer the diversity overall.
^
|
This

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 27 Apr 2011 22:41

Greneth wrote: Good stuff
Yeah, there are any number of realistic combinations. I was more QFT'ing Laurel than anything...I wish we weren't just daydreaming though :)
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 27 Apr 2011 22:54

I hope they consider to combine a few, really...seems like the next logical step to me.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 27 Apr 2011 22:57

I voted no because Gorboths suggestion was so extreme.
Some of the more recent ones however sounds good to me, even Laurels.:)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 27 Apr 2011 22:59

Kas wrote:I hope they consider to combine a few, really...seems like the next logical step to me.
I hope absolutely all focus goes into getting more players to fill the guilds we have. Not another huge project when we already have guilds in a state of imbalance because some are recoded and some are not.

Starting another seemingly huge project of combining guilds seems like the absolutely wrong thing to do right now imho.

Wanna do something, I vote for the "ally" command. To bring the current guilds closer to eachother without it being a huge project, and still keeping the diversity of the guilds we have.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/