If it hadn't been a joke ... you'd have felt ... ?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.

Did you secretly wish that Gorboth's April Fool's post hadn't been a joke?

Yes
35%
No
65%

Total votes: 40

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: If it hadn't been a joke ... you'd have felt ... ?

Post by Cherek » 25 Apr 2011 22:06

Makfly: Oh. Sorry then. It should flash green or something when its a joke. :P

With coded alliances I did not mean hard coded like WoW, but rather so that guilds could chose to ally themselves with a coded command. Giving them access to eachothers racks perhaps, making them able to see allies awake, and perhaps some type of messaging system for allies.

But yes, the alliances suggested are the logical ones, but I dont think they should be coded. I think it should be possible to ally yourself with any guild. So in theory neidars could decide to ally themselves with the evil side if they really wanted. Unlikely of course but still.

This could of course be expanded with more things, like peace treaties (unable to attack player between guilds? Or treaty broken if attack happens, or something). Also we could have declared wars between guilds with a reward system when attacking/killing someone if the guild you are at war with. A war declaration against one guild would of course include all guilds they are allied with... so with strong allies people might not be so keen to declare war. A surrender command would also be cool... leading to autmatic peace declared and some benefits for the winning side.

Anyway, random thoughts, off the subject. The points was the "ally" command for guild leaders and some team benefits for allies. Not combat benefits but the ones I listed above for starters. I think thats better then putting all players in a few guilds.

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 25 Apr 2011 22:35

zar wrote:Well

I think I will be the only one who will admit that I liked the idea.
I'd love to put it different way.
1 neutral mage guild - new one
1 neutral melee guild - mercenaries
1 evil mage guild - MM
1 evil melee guild - DA
1 good mage guild - Rangers/Valars new one
1 good melee guild - Knights

add chatlines for every guild for more comunication and fun.
I think it would generally suck if everything was simplified like that.
It's true that some guilds can go inactive if guild leaders stop being active, but that
can be fixed by a petition to the wizards.
The simplification would close down way too many guilds and we would almost end
up with a simple "pick a class" system.
The current diversity in guilds is pretty brilliant if you ask me.
And on a sidenote... Rangers as mages ? Bring back the Mystics instead (I know RoG
are decent mages, but they can hardly be called a mage guild)

About chatlines... most games have some sort of global chatline and it might be an idea
to have one on Genesis now. A lot of gamers have gotten used to having global chat, and
it might bring a bit of life to the game instead of returning players (like myself) feel a bit
alone while working my way back up the ranks :)

Regards,
Maldraedior
-- Nunc ille est magicus --

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Apr 2011 23:23

RoG ain't there for many years ...

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Apr 2011 23:30

Calador wrote:[
About chatlines... most games have some sort of global chatline and it might be an idea
to have one on Genesis now. A lot of gamers have gotten used to having global chat, and
it might bring a bit of life to the game instead of returning players (like myself) feel a bit
alone while working my way back up the ranks :)
We had a vote about that not so long ago and it ended something like 25-2 in favour of NOT having a chatline. Gorboth have also stated very harshly (a bit too harshly I think!) on the common board that it will not happen.

So since a majority of the players dont want it, and the admin dont wont it, I think it's very unlikely.

I personally dont think we should have one either. I think it is a positively unique thing we have that we should use as a selling point rather than a flaw.

Allthough on a previous forum we did have a forum chat, I liked that. You could chat with your character name, or incognito. I think that would be nice to have on this forum too. Probably never gonna happen though with the moderation policy on this forum, but still... one can wish. :)

Calador
Wizard

Post by Calador » 25 Apr 2011 23:40

To be honest it doesn't really matter much what existing players want with regards to chatlines.
The playerbase has just decreased over the years and a chat could possibly convince people to
play (again).
We have a rather big donut to play on but a low playerbase makes it rather rare to meet people.
And considering that some guilds actually require recommendations to enter doesn't exactly make
it easy.
But an active forum can definately make up for it, and it will not interfere with the roleplaying
environment ingame, so we should be fine.
The forums seem properly moderated too, so we can't post too many spoilers :)

Regards,
Maldraedior, formerly known as Calador, keeper of a large collection of outdated travelroutes, oldie, male human.
-- Nunc ille est magicus --

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 26 Apr 2011 00:25

Calador wrote:
I think it would generally suck if everything was simplified like that.
It's true that some guilds can go inactive if guild leaders stop being active, but that
can be fixed by a petition to the wizards.
The simplification would close down way too many guilds and we would almost end
up with a simple "pick a class" system.
The current diversity in guilds is pretty brilliant if you ask me.
And on a sidenote... Rangers as mages ? Bring back the Mystics instead (I know RoG
are decent mages, but they can hardly be called a mage guild)
[/quote]

Actually its been petitioned several times over the years when people talk about the Knights and PoT and I'm pretty sure they are in the same state they have been in the past 10 years.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 26 Apr 2011 14:04

No no and no.
Diversity is what make Genesis special. Some guilds could be merged like DAs and PoTs but other then that...

Padraig
Wanderer

Post by Padraig » 26 Apr 2011 14:51

Laurel wrote:BDA+RDA+PoT merge
AA+MM merge
RoN+RoI+SCOP merge
knights+Neidar merge
Calians+SU+SS merge
glads+mercs merge
leave ogres

did I miss anything out? :twisted:
Honestly, I'd go for something along these lines. Keep the same guild abilities, but merge each into one large guild. If nothing else, it would make being members of the lesser-active guilds less lonely. One big melee guild that could choose its focus isn't necessarily the worst idea ever. You could be well-rounded like a Knight, glass cannon like SU, geared for team only (but when in a team! watch out!!) like Calians...there's a lot you could do. But all would share a rack, guild hall, etc. and this would inherently be like the Sparkle idea of forcing people into more common areas.
Manglor, Zauhak, Padraig

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 26 Apr 2011 15:33

well - I really meant those merges
ogres could merge with monks :twisted:

I can go into details on every part of this, but to me the thing is:
1. each of those merged guilds should have 1-3 leader/s
2. each of those merged guilds should have the possibility to adjust at a small cost within the guild halls what to choose - offense (example of ME evils: MM, Krynn goodies: none), defense (example of ME evils: AA, Krynn goodies: Neidars), support (example of ME evils: none, Krynn goodies: knights with some altered abilities)
3. choosing mage should not generate the I-win buttons for example against support enemies (i.e. choosing MM to hunt SS)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Apr 2011 18:27

Current results show that almost one third of those who have voted wish it had not been a joke. Fascinating. Any more who still need to vote?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/