Ranger feedback

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Re: Ranger feedback

Post by Greneth » 25 Dec 2011 21:42

Actually from what I have experienced with the right stats, guilds, weapon/arrow combination and someone in front of you bows are the better weapon of choice. Problem is obtaining the right equipment is a pain in the ass the only arrows in game that make it worth while using you cannot get many of them per arma. Reason being as an EA you can target different parts of the body allowing you to focus on the less armoured areas.

Ive found with high amounts of dex the chances of hitting increases dramatically along with maxing the skill as well as your chances increasing when you are not the one taking the damage. Far as stringing in combat unless for some random ass reason someone felt the need to change that you can string while in combat as I have a trigger in my old files for it.

Basically the things you have to do in order to stay above any melee weapon just plain isnt worth it, you spend more time in preparation then a MM or SC and the advantages are only worth it for PvP as the ammo supply to stay consistent with the nuke damage is extremely low.

However it is nice to have an archer that can kill 2-3 levels of HP on certain healing enemies even with shoddy eq if you can get the right hit in. ;-)

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 29 Dec 2011 23:32

Johnny wrote:While on the topic of bows, why can't an archer stab their enemy with his/her arrow then proceed to shoot it between their eyes? So slash and stab attacks from arrows and also punches from a bow. It could possibly be done to where the bow acts like brass knuckles and you can beat your opponent with it.
Bows work pretty good right now I think. I don't think there is any need to create distance make a bow user unattackable etc it would be too dramatic a change to the balance of things as they stand. Only change I would like to see implemented is a small one (kinda) but with possibly big implications.

When the string on a bow breaks it is considered a polearm.
I would like it if the bow was a bow but also considered a polearm.
Or as you suggest the arrows you are using could be considered a polearm/dagger.
(Legolas poking orcs in the eye then shooting another comes to mind)

Basically the point is make it so that thornlin militia can use the jab special while using a bow and arrow.
It then becomes a much nicer proposition to stick with a bow since damage output can be further increased (with the right guild choice)

I am not sure that the impale special should work with a bow however.
As when using a bow you should be the one ambushing them..?
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 19 Apr 2012 13:22

WANTED!
ALIVE AND CODING!

Lost wizard wanted, he goes by the name of Rohim, reward for anyone that find this wizard.
Last seen teasing Genesis Ranger population with promises.

If you have any information about this wizard please contact any ranger awake.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Apr 2012 13:48

Last PM exchange with Rohim - may 2011.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 19 Apr 2012 16:20

Rohim's involvement was, sadly, a flash in the pan. I see no indication that he will be back.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 03 May 2012 18:26

how about taking it the other way around?
instead of recoding guild by guild, make combat/opponents in Gen different?
make utility/support/healer guilds REQUIRED in most fights?
make SS-kender (taunt+borrow) + Ranger (heal+disarm) be worth more than 2 Calians swarming from behind a Neidar/nigget?
make skills worth something, instead of just armour (especially the "natural" one ...) + special + weapon?
make more guilds (not just few) excel in some fights and be badly punished in others?
maybe this would be less boring than recoding guild by guild, going through code written by people long gone ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/