Necroes..

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
User avatar
Ody
Hero
Posts: 395
Joined: 18 Apr 2015 03:28
Location: Vingaard Keep

Re: Necroes..

Post by Ody » 22 Jul 2016 19:56

Draugor wrote:And I'm quite certain necros pay a much heavier tax than the valar, then again, valars can heal and remove poisons
Heal is nice. Amazingly useless when you consider how much mana it drains vs cost of herb vs power. No one expects it to be SCoP level but damn you'll be lucky if you get a one level heal. And that's if they're close to your level.

That amazing remove poisons spell is also laughably useless. You can drain your whole mana pool without being able to cure even small poisons.
All I am is your Van Gogh; I paint our dreams on the golden coast
I stay up high, flying solo; Don't come too close
I just ghost
I told you I am the new Poe; I sold my soul to the radio
I steal your heart in the shadows; Don't come too close
I just ghost

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 593
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Necroes..

Post by Kvator » 22 Jul 2016 20:02

of course... herald's heal is equivalent of necro's fry and cleanse is another emote, but Draugor just forgot to mention this part :)

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Necroes..

Post by Draugor » 22 Jul 2016 21:14

Ody wrote:
Draugor wrote:And I'm quite certain necros pay a much heavier tax than the valar, then again, valars can heal and remove poisons
Heal is nice. Amazingly useless when you consider how much mana it drains vs cost of herb vs power. No one expects it to be SCoP level but damn you'll be lucky if you get a one level heal. And that's if they're close to your level.

That amazing remove poisons spell is also laughably useless. You can drain your whole mana pool without being able to cure even small poisons.

Welcome to the world of necromancerlightning and boneservant :P Just less of an effect

Like all magic guilds, I'd guess its based on guild xp
You need a TON

User avatar
Kitriana
Champion
Posts: 627
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:46
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Necroes..

Post by Kitriana » 24 Jul 2016 18:10

Nerull -- can you give any more specifics as to why?
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Nerull
Wizard
Posts: 127
Joined: 05 Jul 2014 23:24

Re: Necroes..

Post by Nerull » 24 Jul 2016 18:32

Kitriana wrote:Nerull -- can you give any more specifics as to why?
I'm afraid I can't.

Sorry.

User avatar
Mersereau
Champion
Posts: 569
Joined: 05 Mar 2010 01:05
Contact:

Re: Necroes..

Post by Mersereau » 24 Jul 2016 19:09

Nerull wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Nerull -- can you give any more specifics as to why?
I'm afraid I can't.

Sorry.
Someone should explain, lest the community is left to speculate and once again create a lack of transparency between wizards and mortals.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Draugor
Myth
Posts: 1786
Joined: 06 Mar 2012 00:14

Re: Necroes..

Post by Draugor » 24 Jul 2016 21:20

Kvator wrote:of course... herald's heal is equivalent of necro's fry and cleanse is another emote, but Draugor just forgot to mention this part :)

Aye, but killing a necro is alot easier since we cant completely stop the fighting in a room :)

Kvator
Champion
Posts: 593
Joined: 02 Sep 2010 21:25

Re: Necroes..

Post by Kvator » 24 Jul 2016 21:53

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:of course... herald's heal is equivalent of necro's fry and cleanse is another emote, but Draugor just forgot to mention this part :)

Aye, but killing a necro is alot easier since we cant completely stop the fighting in a room :)
Heralds are worst layman currently (except for lay-monks and archers - but noone takes them seriously ofc).

Necros are average - they're on the same (or very similar) power level as Pirates, Minotaurs, Minstrels, Militia etc

User avatar
Cherek
Site Admin
Posts: 3126
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 04:36

Re: Necroes..

Post by Cherek » 25 Jul 2016 01:10

Mersereau wrote:
Nerull wrote:
Kitriana wrote:Nerull -- can you give any more specifics as to why?
I'm afraid I can't.

Sorry.
Someone should explain, lest the community is left to speculate and once again create a lack of transparency between wizards and mortals.
Sure, I'll explain why a recode of the Heralds is the better choice right now. Two reasons really.

- The Heralds are simply in a more dire need of an update. Yes, Necros could also use an update, but as many have mentioned they do have a number of pretty useful abilities, and still remain the layman choice for many players. Heralds are just more out of date than Necros right now.

- We are not yet certain on how a new version of the Necros would look, and what type of abilities they would have etc. This is because Gorboth is coding an occupational necromancer guild, we obviously do not want the two guilds to be too similar, neither thematically or their abilities. Therefore we feel it's best to wait with Necros until we've had that discussion with Gorboth, to see where things are heading with his guild, and what an updated layman Necros place in the realms should be. With Gorboth currently on vacation, and for the reasons listed above, everyone involved in this decision felt that looking into updating the Heralds first was the better choice right now.

User avatar
Arman
Wizard
Posts: 657
Joined: 22 Sep 2014 13:15

Re: Necroes..

Post by Arman » 25 Jul 2016 04:30

I'm still waiting on a re-code of the Hin Warriors. Any updates Cherek? ;P

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/