Ents.. (rediculess idea for loony players)

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Alorrana
Myth

Ents.. (rediculess idea for loony players)

Post by Alorrana » 19 Jul 2011 15:30

Hi all. Its Mr mad cow again.

How about Ents. I know we dont need anymore guilds and bla bla bla, but still wanted to throw this idea among you good folks.

I would remind people this is a guild for people not whishing to fight fight fight fight fight and fight some more, its proberly one for myths growing tired of the game and want to settle down elswhere than Monks or Mercs.

Imagine you could become an ent. It would have Uber restrictions, but still fun and playable.

Plus sides

You would when joining the ents you would join a neutral guild. mostly minding your own buisness and not caring for what others do.

You would gain HUGE + on STR CON WIS and INT. dex would be lowered to max say what a champion could get. just below epic, or epic.

You wouldnt need to haul loot or armours or cause you have really no use for them. You would have a con that would be unbelievable tough. and gets tougher as you grow older.

You would be able to walk for miles and miles and miles and back again with out exhaustion

You would be able to carry most races on your shoulders/branches.(should you want to)

If any weapons at all should be used by ents, it would be blulders, and thats it, throw em and be done with it.

You would have no use for the normal health levels. You will get a bark status. to see how much your worn. And your bark would be Insainly tough i mean UBER seriously mega hard to kill.. would take 100, if not 1000 of swings to kill you.

You would be able to ensnare all attackers(players) with your roots to stunn them and offer them a chance to stop fighting.

You would be able to quit out at any location. You would stand still and set roots and then other players would just see "a tall tree or ruffled tree, or something fancy like that. Just not in stores or what ever rooms you would try and get in to. You simply couldnt.

You would be able to become invisible almost in any forests on genesis. if you got hunted. Or not invisable, but you would need sup guru awareness and sup guru in searching to find an Ent in a forest.

You will have Hatred towards orcs and goblins. Fighting them will increase your attack speed, but wear your bark more. Cause its wreckless hatred.

Minus side.

You would move VERY slowly, speed walking and trigger walking would not be an option, maximum one room pr 2 seconds. cause you need to secure roots when walking around.

Your special attack / boulder throw, would be slow. something like 15 seconds pr one special. But would then hit all in room, due to their immense size. (so dangerous to team with)

When entangeling people with roots to stop their attacks, you would yourself show auto mercy and offer them the chance to leave you alone before you crush them.(means you wouldnt fight them after ensnaring them)

Only mounted persons with missiles could assist the Ent.. it would be otherwise to hard for the ent to see whats on the ground when fighting. (ofc other ents could assist eachothers.)

You would daliy have to walk the the forests of Middleearth to maintain them and tend the small nuts and acorns. (hard coded) and yes it will take time. :-)

Your progress wouldnt be working as normally. You will get progress perhaps once per Arma. it will count how many forests you have maintained, how many trees sown, how many nuts planted ect ect.. and how much you traveled the lands.. then make some smart calculations with time spend on it and boom. xp.

When rooted(quitted out) people would be able to climb you and if they search you find your coins and gems if you havnt deposited them.

As mentioned Weapons and armours would have no use for you. You wount be able to wear any kind of armours.. nothing will fit an Ent. at all. But a fine boulder, Whoo-Haar ! thats tha shiiiet. :) You would simply be to big and to clumsy fingered to pick weapons and armours from corpses. Most likely the armours and weapons on corpse would be crushed and broken from the impact of an Ents smashes.

You would have a big minus side when fighting fire. It would actually hurt you alot. (huge draw back there)

As mentioned You couldnt exhaust, but if the earth and soil around you isnt moist enough your movement would slow down to 1 room pr 3-4 seconds. Your roots would have to dig deeper.. Mountain walks would be dire news for an Ent. It would be 1 room pr 5-6 seconds, cause its very hard for the roots to dig into the bare rock.

You wouldnt fit in tents, normal houses, shops, inns, or other places where other races could come. But then again You would have no use for it what so ever. You get water and foods from your roots when walking and standing around.

You would, if hurt, Heal immensely slow. It would take ages infact.. sucks, but thats how it is. But in the other hand, What ever hurts you, will be something Very very very tough. Wizard or worse. so If you Get hurt. It will take ALONG time to heal. something like 10-15 mins pr health level.

The Ent wouldnt be able or willing to team with anyone evil in alignment. Its no interest to them and they are there to preserve the forests and maintain them.

Quests would have to be done before joining the ents, because in lots of quests you would have to enter sertan places where you simply wouldnt fit.

Something general about them. Ideas and more thoughts.

During an Ents quitted out periode he/she would grow acorns and nuts, and when when awaken he would have to walk around the forests of genesis and set the seeds, plant trees and in this way perhaps get xp. and the more tress grown and trees maintained, will make you grow as an Ent.
Its not a guild for beginners or anyone less than, say 300 days. as mentioned above its a guild for old folks who likes to keep in touch with genesis, and on occations fight, but still have something to do.. mostly rp.. killing isnt important. You can.. but its not needed to grow..

or say during an armageddon you would gain x number of nuts and acorns, then you would have the entire armageddon period to grow them where its needed., then if you done em all. you would get a portion of xp when arma hits. then when it had booted you would grow again.. and then the bigger you grow, the more nuts and acorns you would grow.

Something more could proberly be done here. but all in all i think it could lead to a dun and exciting / not really combat but more Role playing guild on genesis.

share some thoughts.. and the Famous Nah ! is also welcome here :) hehe
Last edited by Alorrana on 19 Jul 2011 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: Ents.. (rediculess idea for loony players)

Post by OgreToyBoy » 19 Jul 2011 16:03

Sounds great.

Booger
Veteran

Post by Booger » 19 Jul 2011 16:05

:lol:
Immense work for something that few would gain on.
No way!

But still... Wonderful idea! I would love to see it! I would love to have ents playing! And I would love the thought of some day years from now, when I've grown big and old, converting to an ent myself, walking the woods, tending the the small ones, and maybe handing out wise words on the newbie line now and then, two days after the question was asked.

So in my opinion, a big no but wonderful idea!
Booger/Cindy/Enigma

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 19 Jul 2011 16:23

ent with roots + Qualinosti archers with burr-headed arrows = any player-char dead

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 19 Jul 2011 16:26

yeah, But imagine how easy it would be running away from an attacking ent. :D so yes dangerous ones. but quite easy to avoid in a confrontation. and should you go vs an ent.. well fire would be the best option to use.. something like, in combat if you had a torch, you could "torch ent" or something. to make em hurt faster.
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 19 Jul 2011 23:00

Really cool you thought up this idea.
I of course want to join the Huorn branch of the guild, perma darkness, faster move speed, pkill and gank specials.

:twisted:
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/