Guild Behavior

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Guild Behavior

Post by Arcon » 02 Oct 2011 21:06

Something I was wondering about, how come the most spiritual races are goblins and minotaurs? Why do the shadow union kill the head(not sure of the title) inquisitor, blue dragonarmies slay both Kernan(lover of Kitiara) and Bakaris. Red Dragonarmies kill their auraks for glaives and armours, knights lost their principels and can now use JBS and even refuse to go with other knights to free plains because they don't conquer. Mages and their servents AAs slay their allies (haradrims) for sport and even their own soldiers for their armour(BP on the trolls).

The list can go on, what has happened? Sure you can find rp excuses to do anything but what happened to principels? Don't you think that the game would be much richer if the guilds would follow stricter codes of conduct? That it would be more important to be a member of a guild and defend their behavior then using some powerful items or gaining more xp. Right now I feel that almost all the guilds are the same, people do the same things they did as a calia as a angmar or a monk etc. People "play" their guilds the same way all of them.

Wouldn't it be great if it weren't like that? It would be so much more difference between people, a mixed team would have to consider the individual rules of each member of the team and suddenly being a good leader meant more then just knowing how the fastest way to grind. It would create a world with so much richer lands, cultures and guilds. The game play and role play would be a lot funnier as well.

Anyway, maybe this note should have been on the flame board, I don't know. Just think about it.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Re: Guild Behavior

Post by Recoba » 02 Oct 2011 21:26

arcon wrote:Something I was wondering about, how come the most spiritual races are goblins and minotaurs? Why do the shadow union kill the head(not sure of the title) inquisitor, blue dragonarmies slay both Kernan(lover of Kitiara) and Bakaris. Red Dragonarmies kill their auraks for glaives and armours, knights lost their principels and can now use JBS and even refuse to go with other knights to free plains because they don't conquer. Mages and their servents AAs slay their allies (haradrims) for sport and even their own soldiers for their armour(BP on the trolls).

The list can go on, what has happened? Sure you can find rp excuses to do anything but what happened to principels? Don't you think that the game would be much richer if the guilds would follow stricter codes of conduct? That it would be more important to be a member of a guild and defend their behavior then using some powerful items or gaining more xp. Right now I feel that almost all the guilds are the same, people do the same things they did as a calia as a angmar or a monk etc. People "play" their guilds the same way all of them.

Wouldn't it be great if it weren't like that? It would be so much more difference between people, a mixed team would have to consider the individual rules of each member of the team and suddenly being a good leader meant more then just knowing how the fastest way to grind. It would create a world with so much richer lands, cultures and guilds. The game play and role play would be a lot funnier as well.

Anyway, maybe this note should have been on the flame board, I don't know. Just think about it.
I agree with everything you say. And no, I don't think it's a flame, you have a constructive perspective.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 Oct 2011 22:24

I could not agree more.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 02 Oct 2011 22:32

Those are good questions Arcon. I hope the involved can answer those questions with reasonable reasons.
But I do agree that it sounds a bit akward, strange, what they do. And I do agree with you Arcon.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 02 Oct 2011 22:39

This is not a note to point finger at anyone. What I mentioned was just some of the things that exists but I don't think there is one guild that is not guilty of this kind of behavior and that includes the DO as well.

I would just love to see some serious changes in general behavior and mentality within the game and some help from the wizards.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 03 Oct 2011 00:28

No Union member makes a habit of killing Jadestone Doll. (I believe this is whom you're speaking of in your original note).

So I'm not sure what you are referring to otherwise in respect to the Union.... For all other matters, I will not suppose to respond for others.

Kit's player
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 03 Oct 2011 03:40

I think what you're seeing is a direct 'powerplaying' effect. I can think of two reasons to kill an NPC that some might think you shouldn't:

- Because they have gear that is very good (especially if they're from your guild they probably have something directly useful for you)
- Because they are really good exp

The obvious simple fix (If I take a power player perspective) is:

- Have enemies or other NPCs with gear just as good. Sometimes the best item for a player is one that an NPC guild mate has.
- Have more grinding areas so the exp for those characters is 'unnecessary' (obviously someone might still kill them, but at least the excuse that there's nowhere to kill goes away)

Some guilds also have very explicit code targeted at keeping them from killing their own NPCs. Some of the code is annoying, some 'deadly'. I would prefer that any wiz effort go toward the 'simple fixes' versus more constraining code.

That being said, some people will just kill whatever they can anyway but I'd like to believe that most would stay in char with the gear and exp situation being as I describe it.

Ashur
Apprentice

Post by Ashur » 03 Oct 2011 04:57

Yeah, the obvious answer here is that if guilds were restricted from killing "allied" NPC's, they would lose out on some of the best equipment out there.

If we start restricting this sort of thing, where does it the end? Say I'm evil and I want Nightbringer ... but why would I kill one of the most powerful evil NPC's out there? Shouldn't I leave him alone so he can eat some Knights? Afterall, even though I may not be directly allied with him, he's still on "my side".

If wizards want to make some good-aligned and evil-aligned NPC's hold the same equipment ... and can find a way to make that make any sense at all .... then I'm all for having more strict rules on who can attack what. But, for example, if Mages/AA can't get BP anymore just because trolls on "their side" are wearing it, forget it.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 03 Oct 2011 05:08

It may be an interesting exercise to see what guilds need what kinds of weapons and then consider what NPCs have the best of those weapons.

Armor is generally less interesting where everyone can wear seemingly everything. But, we could do a similar exercise with armor/shields.

This could help inform what, if any, kinds of changes might be proposed for this issue.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 03 Oct 2011 06:37

Yeah its sad actually.
Don't forget that Calians kill Atlas to get the GT.

I am proud to say that i never do things like that, but here is the wierd part..
I'n Merc/BM -_-
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/