Gladiators changelog

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Gladiators changelog

Post by Rhaegar » 03 Nov 2011 22:15

So, the Glads finally received their long awaited update. Changelist:
  1. They are now able to choose any melee weapon to train after joining (not missiles or unarmed combat). Switching weapons is allowed at a fee of 100 platinum coins (gotta pay for the training). When someone decides to switch his skill in previous weapon automatically drops to superior layman, new skill starts at what it is and needs to be improved the normal way.
  2. Upon completion of Guru Quest they are able to choose second weapon (thus gaining superior guru skill in two weapon skills).
  3. Sadly, Charge and Berserk are now gone. They were replaced by Armsmastery and Rage respectively. Armsmastery is a skill that allows you to assume one of 3 'stances' during combat (can switch between them freely). Offensive stance gives you special attack. Defensive stance disallows special attack but gives you additional parry/dodge. Balanced stance is a mixture of both, special attack has longer cooldown and deflection/evasion doesn't happen that often. Rage is a passive ability that increases Gladiator's attack speed and damage as his health drops.
  4. Titles have been re-worked.
Discuss!

It's obviously a joke.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Re: Gladiators changelog

Post by Alorrana » 04 Nov 2011 00:43

What ?
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Targun
Adept

Post by Targun » 04 Nov 2011 03:48

Alright, who had too much to drink, and why NOONE shared it with me?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Nov 2011 15:07

Hint: Check out the small inscription at the bottom of the post.

The stances feel a bit too similar to Neidars and Angmars and other evasive guilds though... we already have tons of those? I really like the rage-thing though. Sounds cool, fitting, and pretty unique!

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 04 Nov 2011 15:37

Charge should always stay.. Its charge.. My god.. the only one special all remember..

Charge is sacred !! never speak of its removal again sinner !!

Gladiators should also keep berserk. should just be a dangerous tool to use.. Berserking means you go nutts, friends and foes become one.. A prey.. You would litteraly go.. ehh berserk.. hehe.

give them abit more weapons to play with. if they wanted to switch between sword axes and poles. let them do so for free.. why should it cost anything.. they are slaves.. not wealthy people.. And Booo Hoooo if your the richest rich man.. Your a slave.. caged, with an arena to fight daily battles. You do not care if it looks good, if your defences are stand 1-2-3.. Your there to kill off your enemy. Fast, brutal, and bloody..

Toss in a layman to glads only, so they could get a net use/stunn ability where they can then impale what they have in the net..

No stances, no dances, no money treats.. Its violence, blood, nightmares, hard life.. thats a Gladiator of athas.. thats the spirit..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 04 Nov 2011 16:36

To make some things clear:
Gladiators in Ancient Rome (that's what the idea is based off, no?) were highly trained in one specific role. It costs a lot to train a professional fighter. The most proficient of them, who gained enough fame were allowed some leeway and could even get extra tutors who taught them to fight in some unique way in "match of the day" or something.
Gladiators switching freely between various combat techniques is not good option. Like you mentioned, you're a slave - you get to work with what you're given.

I've made a bit of a joke there but at the same time included some ideas that could be nice on Glads. Stances are just different ways of using your special (as glads should be able to adapt to any battle conditions, solo and in team). Berserk could stay, but I'd like it to be passive, either triggering and "powering up" when you lose health or at the start of combat and as the combat goes on (you get the time to work yourself up).
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 04 Nov 2011 18:14

Ahh, a joke! I like those.

HAHA.

ok.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/