Guild Updates

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: Guild Updates

Post by Cherek » 15 Nov 2011 15:40

Laurel wrote:Which completely isolated island have you been spending your time on during the last years? Maybe consider reading this forum more often ;)
I guess you are referring to to the rumours and incidents regarding the vampires? And that Tive mentioned about things from the past... well I dont know. I am not gonna speculate. If you said you coded things for your friends and yourself then you did.

Everything I have said here is in regards to how it is NOW. Present day. So no, naive or not. I dont think any of the very few current wizards involved in the recode of guilds do it for their own or their friends mortals benefit.

And no Laurel I dont use rangers as proof of anything. I asked a question, to all of you, how come rangers are one of the most active guilds and many of the recoded ones arent. A question. I thought it was an interesting discussion. There has been a few answers but they all drowned in the usual wizard-conspirary discussion. That "proof" I used had nothing to do with rangers, as you can see if you re-read my post and stop quoting things I havent said. What I said was that if people actually did code for their friends and seconds to any great extent then one might think there should be atleast a few active people in those recoded guilds... and yes I will stick to that. If knights suddenly had been recoded and suddenly some wizards stopped playing and a few mortals become extremely active knights, then you _might_ have a case. I havent seen anything near that happening. In any recoded guild.

Anyway, I rather be naive and have fun with this game than be angry and cynical like you. It's supposed to be fun, I think it is. I dont think the game is neither dead nor corrupted. I like this game and I plan to stay around, I hope we'll see more players and have more fun in the future.

If there are some moderators around I suggest this topic be closed or moved to flames. The question that was asked has been answered.
Last edited by Cherek on 15 Nov 2011 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Nov 2011 15:48

Cherek totally gets it imo.
Rather be naïve and have fun, then be bitter and cynical like Laurel.

Also for a reason to why Rangers is the most active guild at the moment.
Many old ones have come back.. Peeps that will be rangers for life.
Like Katan and Zingil.
And right now some "wave" players like Herenya and me has gone back there or come back from idleness.
Helps that some newbs have joined too, but lets see how long they last :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 15 Nov 2011 17:54

Cherek wrote:
Anyway, I rather be naive and have fun with this game than be angry and cynical like you. It's supposed to be fun, I think it is. I dont think the game is neither dead nor corrupted. I like this game and I plan to stay around, I hope we'll see more players and have more fun in the future.
I think that's some good advice right there :)

I'm having lots of fun and am sure we will in the future as well.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2011 09:17

Just one thing Laurel. Did you forget that the Rangers have been approached by a wizard and asked for their suggestions regarding the re-code?
This would prove that some work is, in fact, being done or at least planned for them. Re-coding such a huge guild, with so many extra stuff (not talking about spells and specials here now) could take ages.
I used to be a wizard on another MUD and I can tell you that even the simplest things can have thousands of lines of code in hundreds of files. The older the code, the worse it gets. Due to changes in coding standards, gamedriver updates making parts of the code non-functional/obsolete, possibility of huge programming skill/knowledge difference between original programmer and person doing the re-code and other stuff like that you might think about "updating" the content in terms of "writing it from scratch". It's not something that's easily or quickly done.

I guess the best thing here would be if Wizards responsible for re-coding the guild(s) would communicate more with the members, even by posting notes on the board informing how the progress is going etc. so that people would "feel" that something is going on.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Nov 2011 09:54

editing all my posts - I'm done
Last edited by Laurel on 16 Nov 2011 10:40, edited 2 times in total.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2011 10:09

1. I did send my ideas to said wizard.
2. As a wizard you don't have to be logged in to work on things (as a matter of fact, you do most stuff out of the game).

Your point?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 16 Nov 2011 10:38

Rhaegar wrote:Your point?
You're an idiot.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 16 Nov 2011 11:16

Why so hostile?
I thought that discussion forums were meant for discussion.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 16 Nov 2011 14:48

Laurel sounds like me now :D

chill bro !
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 May 2012 00:37

back to topic:

update SS please - such a fun guild, so damn unproductive combat-wise now - low weapon-skill + low-dmg special (especially vs enemies with high armour aka most of Genesis' npcs)
update tricksters please - return them some form of shinkick and remove the align-check-on-join part
update archers please - actually finish their implementation and give them double-shot or elemental-arrow (any combat-aid except "aim")

the above is not much coding-wise afaik, so "little" work for much improvement

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/