Guild Updates

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Guild Updates

Post by Arcon » 12 Nov 2011 10:41

What happened? Last I heard was something about updating magic and the casters guild and that was some years ago.
Is there anyone still working on this at all?

Rhaegar
Legend

Re: Guild Updates

Post by Rhaegar » 12 Nov 2011 11:06

The only thing that's different for me is that casting spells prevents my special attacks from landing, which is pretty frustrating.

Example:

start special
start casting
special doesn't land because I'm casting
casting finishes
special cooldown is down and I can attempt it again

I guess it makes sense (as you concentrate on casting) but at the same time, when you're in guilds that rely on casting spells during combat it's not so hot.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 12 Nov 2011 11:16

editing all my posts - I'm done
Last edited by Laurel on 16 Nov 2011 10:42, edited 1 time in total.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2011 15:04

Arcon: The current plan is mentioned on Gorboth's long note on the common board. So is guild recodes. Here it is. http://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewto ... =27&t=1744

Laurel: Because re-coded guilds like for instance knights, DAs and Calians are so full of active members and wizard seconds...? :)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Nov 2011 17:05

editing all my posts - I'm done
Last edited by Laurel on 16 Nov 2011 10:41, edited 1 time in total.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 13 Nov 2011 17:32

Laurel: I more continued on what I assumed was a joke from your part. With your logic these re-coded guilds would be bustling with wizard second/friends activity and they are rather some of the most inactive guilds in the game right now.

But if you were serious... I dont know what to say. I got no reply then.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 13 Nov 2011 19:17

Perhaps the balancing wasn't such a good thing if people are moving away from it?

What I don't like the most was incorporation of KoS cavalry into occ branch. Before that they seemed not only more active but also more RP-ish.
I mean, if even Nikiel left them (and he's been a Knight for forever) there had to be something wrong with it, no?

But on the other hand, it might be the introduction of the new mercs that emptied all the guilds... I liked Maligant's version better.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Alorrana
Myth

Post by Alorrana » 13 Nov 2011 21:08

New merc suck ass compared to old mercs..
I’m not a complete idiot. Some pieces are missing.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 13 Nov 2011 22:55

Rhaegar wrote:Perhaps the balancing wasn't such a good thing if people are moving away from it?

What I don't like the most was incorporation of KoS cavalry into occ branch. Before that they seemed not only more active but also more RP-ish.
I mean, if even Nikiel left them (and he's been a Knight for forever) there had to be something wrong with it, no?

But on the other hand, it might be the introduction of the new mercs that emptied all the guilds... I liked Maligant's version better.
I believe the recode is a global thing and also has more to do with standardizing and modernizing guild design and code than with just balancing.

Also, I don't see how the Knights Cav change would compromise their roleplay... if anything, opening another guild slot would improve roleplaying possibilities, no?
I don't think any guild should fill both occ and lay slot.

Game-wide, I see people being a lot more active than a couple of years ago.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 14 Nov 2011 03:56

As Cherek was a knight for basically a decade, I always liked it was possible to just be a knight and nothing else. So I am biased in that. I liked being just one thing.

As for the recode I dont know if we have more or less balance now, but yeah, as I understand it the idea was to make the code in all guilds more standardized so it is easier to achieve balance at some point.

But question is how much this really means for the players...? Suddenly it seems like rangers are one of the most active guilds these days, which would seem odd since not long ago they had by many been deemed unplayable. On the other hand, knights have by many (mostly evils though) been called one of the most powerful fighter guilds. Yet they seem to be almost completely inactive. So either knights arent as great and rangers arent so crappy, or other things are more important than pure "power" for many players?

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/