The Cult of Chemosh

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aimee
Wanderer

Re: The Cult of Chemosh

Post by Aimee » 05 Dec 2012 18:10

Chemosh himself is incredibly secretive,

The only person he ever shared his secrets with was Takhisis and she stole the secrets to use to her own devices creating the Death Knight Krull and Chemosh never forgave her for that. Frankly this guild is sounding more and more interesting as it develops. I've read a lot on Chemosh through my years enjoying a series which focuses on the cult of Chemosh quite immensely.

Chemosh is responsible for directing souls into the afterlife and during the war of the souls Takhisis again used Chemosh's own secrets to subvert his authority in this realm again showing Chemosh how important it is to keep things secret. Chemosh liked to offer souls an opportunity to live again should they choose and would often send them back through necromancy to inhabit their once dead bodies as ghouls and zombies and the like and be servants to priests of Chemosh.

I do have a question though for Gorboth. Will these Necromancers be considered to be "Priests of Chemosh" or is Chemosh more the theoretical RP background against which these necromancers will be placed. Either way, Awesome idea and really cool sounding guild.

Aimee
vita aeterna

Eowul
Wizard

Post by Eowul » 05 Dec 2012 19:07

Having received a preview yesterday from Gorboth, i must say the detail that he has put in is incredible. I am almost feeling bad that i am a wizard and don't get to play with it in the game ...
Caretaker of Arda

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Dec 2012 20:14

Technically Eowul...
You can.. You're a ME wizard and this guild will be Krynn based..
Nothing stopping you in making a second to try it out.
And tbh I would encourage all wizards to actually get in touch with how it is to actually PLAY the game again, since many seems to have forgotten.
As in TOO obsessed about the numbers and mathematics, and forgetting the fact that when you actually put it IN GAME it has to sit with the PLAYER factor too.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Dec 2012 21:20

Perhaps I'm weird, but one of the things with this guild I'm most excited about is what direction the players within takes it. Policy, stances, alliances, what will happen and what dramas + conflicts it will add to the game...

Exciting times.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 06 Dec 2012 03:22

I've split the topic to a separate thread to discuss this guild. I'd like to keep this thread mainly a place for me to announce things. There is still room here for reactions to my update announcements, but if it builds to a whole discussion of some sort, I'd like to have that be in the "Chemosh Discussion" thread.

Thanks,
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 07 Dec 2012 00:47

gorboth wrote:
  • The Necromancer can now name individual minions whatever he or she likes.
Awesome!

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Dec 2012 01:11

Now will others be able to see your names?

Cause I could have a lot of fun with that... ;-)

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 07 Dec 2012 03:41

Haha yeah.
Diri was killed by Gorboth
Diri died.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 07 Dec 2012 07:32

Greneth wrote:Now will others be able to see your names?
No, just the Necromancer. For them it will function like a player or npc to whom you have been introduced. Others will not see the name.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 07 Dec 2012 13:31

gorboth wrote:
Greneth wrote:Now will others be able to see your names?
No, just the Necromancer. For them it will function like a player or npc to whom you have been introduced. Others will not see the name.

G.
*Pouts*

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/