The Cult of Chemosh

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Re: The Cult of Chemosh

Post by Bromen » 30 Apr 2012 00:52

So you're thinking more in lines of having a group of undead (1-6) helping you in combat (tanking?) while the necro sits back and casts? Maybe the caster uses various poisons and debuffs (nerfed stat cloudish) to weaken the enemy? I think it would be cool for lower necro's to have a skeleton or two (melee) next level have 2-4 higher quality skeletons (melee/caster) and at the highest level be able to animate a golem from body parts.

Body parts could be more powerful by the enemy killed (dragon, yeti, wyvern, Draugor? ;) and there is a high % chance of the golem failing without high int, wis and dex.

A necro needs to be present to decompose the body so friends/alts can't pile up the parts for them.

Necro abilities could be debuff/melee only until groups of undead could be raised. When a group is present, the necro could have specials (melee/casting) by channeling them through the undead creation.

Cult members can walk through undead areas of the game with complete safety from undead beings.

Cult members can scavenge (herb) for body parts.

Cult members get an huge penalty to Con and a reduced penalty when they're destroyed.

Cult members can only train from Death and Lars. (haha!)

Members cannot wear anything heavier than leather armour.

*shrug* lol

-B

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 30 Apr 2012 19:41

Very good ideas, Bromen! And, you've actually come very close to the mark on many of the ideas I am developing with this. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Uther
Great Adventurer

Post by Uther » 30 Apr 2012 22:21

That sounds like Diablo 2 necros.
All comments are made by the player behind Uther, NOT THE CHARACTER UTHER!

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 01 May 2012 03:54

Cult members can heal skeletons at the sacrifice of mana and their own health.

Cult members can transport or "store" recently created minions in an astral plane (backpack of sorts) and can be summoned at will.
More minions can be stored with more skill and guild xp.

Members can use daggers, polearms, and wands.

It's not like D2 necro's since those didn't need components. And what necro wouldn't be similar to another concept?

-B

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 May 2012 06:59

Diablo II was very much the inspiration for my build. Again, Bromen, you name some things I have considered. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 01 May 2012 15:34

I'm curious (and I hope Gorbie has thought about it) how Cultists will fare against enemies like the Orc Captain. It seems cheating to allow a cultist to bring their minions up on the ledge with him/her ... but I can't imagine a necromancer would have a great ability to take damage...hmmm

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 01 May 2012 15:39

Jhael wrote:I'm curious (and I hope Gorbie has thought about it) how Cultists will fare against enemies like the Orc Captain. It seems cheating to allow a cultist to bring their minions up on the ledge with him/her ... but I can't imagine a necromancer would have a great ability to take damage...hmmm

They should have full controll over theire minions and be able to send one up the ledge

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 May 2012 17:24

Draugor wrote:
Jhael wrote:I'm curious (and I hope Gorbie has thought about it) how Cultists will fare against enemies like the Orc Captain. It seems cheating to allow a cultist to bring their minions up on the ledge with him/her ... but I can't imagine a necromancer would have a great ability to take damage...hmmm

They should have full controll over theire minions and be able to send one up the ledge
What Draugor said. :-)

Also, it is entirely likely that Necromancers would excel at certain situations and be horribly defeated by others.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Jhael
Adept

Post by Jhael » 01 May 2012 17:41

gorboth wrote:What Draugor said. :-)

Also, it is entirely likely that Necromancers would excel at certain situations and be horribly defeated by others.

G.
Cool! Was just curious how you'd tackle such an encounter.

As far as excelling in certain situations, that makes sense to me. I would say that, ideally, each guild in Genesis should have similar things to consider (regardless of whether this is or is not the case right now).

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 01 May 2012 21:00

Would be cool if a skeleton could block an exit. haha!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/