The Cult of Chemosh

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Re: The Cult of Chemosh

Post by Bromen » 27 Oct 2012 23:20

Wish I could bring myself to try it.

If it's anything like current caster guilds, it sounds like it'll be super herb dependent.

Way to bring in something new though! Excited to team with more allies.

-B

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 27 Oct 2012 23:38

bromen wrote:Wish I could bring myself to try it.

If it's anything like current caster guilds, it sounds like it'll be super herb dependent.

-B

I hope not, herbs shouldnt define a true necromancer, they should be able to gain some mana from draining the souls from corpses, not much ofcourse but just enough. I hope this cause hes a direct enemy of Chislev wich is the prime hippy tree hugger god. So Gorboth... please no herbs -.- Bodyparts and rotted food etc should be Chemosh followers components and also... the souls they manage to convince to join the ranks of the undead should be components for spells, actually a major component. They could grab it as it leaves the body with the special sight the Lord of Bones has granted them ;)

Chemosh aint a hippy like that herb lover Sauron ;)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 28 Oct 2012 13:32

Padraig wrote:
Kas wrote:Sounds like "before xmas" with this speed to me. :D
Been hearing this for 15 years and it never gets old...
You've only heard it once from a wizard! That was Xarguul many years ago discussing when Immortal would open. That famously optimistic prediction became the catchphrase for mocking wizards who didn't deliver the goods on their predictions/announcements. So ... no announcements here from me but what I am actually doing. As for when it will all be finished, let's just say AFTER CHRISTMAS. ;-)

G.
Draugor wrote:
bromen wrote:Wish I could bring myself to try it.

-B

I hope not, herbs shouldnt define a true necromancer, they should be able to gain some mana from draining the souls from corpses, not much ofcourse but just enough. I hope this cause hes a direct enemy of Chislev wich is the prime hippy tree hugger god. So Gorboth... please no herbs -.- Bodyparts and rotted food etc should be Chemosh followers components and also... the souls they manage to convince to join the ranks of the undead should be components for spells, actually a major component. They could grab it as it leaves the body with the special sight the Lord of Bones has granted them ;)

Chemosh aint a hippy like that herb lover Sauron ;)
Herbs do not appear in my plans or intentions for this guild. There are two currencies in play for using necromancer powers. One is souls, which will need to be harvested in mass quantities. The other is study and long toil to master the various forms of the many different corpses in Genesis. Obviously, mana will be important as well.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 28 Oct 2012 13:37

Perfect :) Then it will be a proper cult worthy of the black goat :)

Anything else you need help with? Ideas etc? :o Or is it pretty much pathed out? ;)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 28 Oct 2012 22:32

Draugor wrote:Perfect :) Then it will be a proper cult worthy of the black goat :)

Anything else you need help with? Ideas etc? :o Or is it pretty much pathed out? ;)
It is very much pathed out. I am just working to get it actually coded. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 31 Oct 2012 16:00

This sounds better and better! I'm getting really excited now :arrow: :twisted:

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 09 Nov 2012 22:22

Will this guild require those of us who are goblinoid to change races?

-B

Creed

Post by Creed » 09 Nov 2012 23:32

Limit the guild to gnomes only..

Just to see some more of those around. :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Nov 2012 01:01

There are no racial restrictions.

Also, apologies for no updates last week and this. There has been a little progress, but nothing specific to post. Mostly, lately, I've been kept busy with other wizard projects and development issues. Back to coding next week!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 16 Nov 2012 02:20

Update:
  • Code for 1 of the 5 research trees and guild tech complete.
  • Completed code for conversion of harvested resources into useable guild currency.
Been a while since last update due to some additional coding projects and wizard coordination.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/