A counterbalance to evil?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Cherek
Site Admin

Re: A counterbalance to evil?

Post by Cherek » 14 Apr 2012 20:23

arcon wrote:To make more goodies play I would start with updating the Rangers.
Then I would consider if there are any place for a good align caster guild since there are two evil and one neutral.

I would also make death recovery time based so you can recover without having to grind. This might make people enjoy p-fights a bit more and that would make people enjoy the game more.
Great ideas IMHO. Especially the recovery over time.

Ilrahil
Beginner

Post by Ilrahil » 14 Apr 2012 21:51

Seems to me that Genesis is going into a trend of heavy evil guilds atm.
With this new guild of Gorboth's on the horizon and reports of BDA almost one shotting myth size NPCs, i know i feel personally atleast that we goodies are getting to be the underdogs again.
And no matter what challenge that is, its not exactly something that makes people wanting to play.
Amberlee BDA one shotting myth sized NPC's would be due to the imbuements that are available to everyone. Do your research before you whine about something you have no knowledge about.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Apr 2012 22:22

arcon wrote: Then I would consider if there are any place for a good align caster guild since there are two evil and one neutral.
*cough*

Heralds of the Valar

*cough*
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 14 Apr 2012 23:03

Cherek wrote:
arcon wrote:To make more goodies play I would start with updating the Rangers.
Then I would consider if there are any place for a good align caster guild since there are two evil and one neutral.

I would also make death recovery time based so you can recover without having to grind. This might make people enjoy p-fights a bit more and that would make people enjoy the game more.
Great ideas IMHO. Especially the recovery over time.

I like this idea (recovery over time), also. It was actually discussed in detail but we never arrived on a solid plan. I'll start thinking about it again.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Apr 2012 23:24

Damn, recovery over time? It's super sexy.

Sort of similar to how you do it in Eve online actually, driving expensive ships and getting killed in some of them means you need to train for some days (perhaps even a week) to get back on the horse, since you loose a skill-level (from 1-5, and if you got 4 and die, you are at 3 which takes some days to get back).

What if being ganked and you had to wait, let's say 10 days to get back to old size..how does it sound?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 15 Apr 2012 00:08

Ilrahil wrote:
Seems to me that Genesis is going into a trend of heavy evil guilds atm.
With this new guild of Gorboth's on the horizon and reports of BDA almost one shotting myth size NPCs, i know i feel personally atleast that we goodies are getting to be the underdogs again.
And no matter what challenge that is, its not exactly something that makes people wanting to play.
Amberlee BDA one shotting myth sized NPC's would be due to the imbuements that are available to everyone. Do your research before you whine about something you have no knowledge about.
Just fyi.. with the same imbuement a knight of equal size would have NO CHANSE to do the same.
Oh and i am fully aware that you were imbued up to your eyeballs and beyond.
Still, no other guild in genesis could have one shotted a myth sized NPC like that.. Even if it was an elf.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Apr 2012 01:01

If BDA can do that then RDA most likely too? As long as I can remember Impale was considered superior to Slash in every way. Unless something changed drastically...

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 15 Apr 2012 04:15

Rhaegar wrote:If BDA can do that then RDA most likely too? As long as I can remember Impale was considered superior to Slash in every way. Unless something changed drastically...
As far as I remember formulas, years ago... slash and impale were pretty the same with slight different weight in stats... maybe it was changed though

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 15 Apr 2012 09:41

Knights could actually do with a upgrade, I am not sure why they where nerfed down so hard.

Legend Gladiator/minotaur made two knights run like hell, think I was like... Sw hurt? Sent a legend and champ knight running, sure I was imbued etc but the fight took long enough so they should have been able to put some sort of hurt on me.

I do however agree, the guilds needs to have a proper good/neutral caster guild (anyone saying SCOP are neutral can go away now, anti evil spells make them goodie) I'd much see the WoHS opened
The white robes are damaging healers, neutral/red robes Illusionists and damage, black robes damage and necromantic spells.

And on the recodes... Imo they should be finished before making anything new, or atleast extremely dead guilds shut down before the new ones opening.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 15 Apr 2012 10:03

It was already mentioned earlier that closing down dead guilds doesn't solve anything. If the guild is dead there's no one to migrate to other guilds and closing it just takes away possibilities.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/