A counterbalance to evil?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Amberlee
Myth

A counterbalance to evil?

Post by Amberlee » 14 Apr 2012 15:20

Seems to me that Genesis is going into a trend of heavy evil guilds atm.
With this new guild of Gorboth's on the horizon and reports of BDA almost one shotting myth size NPCs, i know i feel personally atleast that we goodies are getting to be the underdogs again.
And no matter what challenge that is, its not exactly something that makes people wanting to play.

So what is needed is a counterbalance.
I am sure there are some former Exodus players here that remember the guild "Sarafan".
They were created for the very reason what one side was getting too much love.
A holy order of warriors fanatically fighting everything evil and undead, while being few were also somewhat overpowered.

Something like this is what i feel genesis needs about now, even if its buffing an existing guild, or making something brand new.

If some wizard is interested in doing something like this, feel free to contact me.
I have some ideas that might come handy to you.

edit.
Sarafan were actually warrior-priests.. about 70%(occ) melee and 30%(lay) magic.
Last edited by Amberlee on 14 Apr 2012 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Rhaegar
Legend

Re: A counterbalance to evil?

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Apr 2012 15:24

Go join KoS or Calians instead of being a Mercenary then :P
Evil won't counterbalance itself you know, you actually need people to join the goodie guilds. If they're not joining them now, what are the chances that they're going to join a new one?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 14 Apr 2012 15:27

I didnt know i was still a merc.
Humm.

Next time do your research before speaking little one :lol:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Apr 2012 15:35

Want people to play in a certain guild? Give a meaning, purpose and a big fat useful carrot.

2cc.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 14 Apr 2012 15:37

amberlee wrote:I didnt know i was still a merc.
Humm.

Next time do your research before speaking little one :lol:
did he ever do that?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Apr 2012 16:04

I wasn't referring to Amberlee in particular. This was a message directed at general Mercenary population.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 14 Apr 2012 16:10

Rhaegar wrote:Go join KoS or Calians instead of being a Mercenary then :P
Evil won't counterbalance itself you know, you actually need people to join the goodie guilds. If they're not joining them now, what are the chances that they're going to join a new one?
1. Calians are weak when good population is low
2. Knights are pretty weak. I may say as active knight. as DO or mercenary I was more powerful even in smaller size.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 14 Apr 2012 16:51

Heh, and here I was, always viewing KoS as one of the stronger guilds out there. They were even considered imbalanced by some after their horses got buffed and layman options were opened for them. Has anything changed since that time? Is this why Nikiel and Kuti left (I always viewed them as one of the most if not the most "knightly" guys to stay with the guild for so long)?

Edit: Although I must say it pains me to see KoS valar and blademasters. Cavalry taking up the layman slot gave the guild this elite feeling along with being great RP.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 14 Apr 2012 17:11

Rhaegar wrote:Heh, and here I was, always viewing KoS as one of the stronger guilds out there. They were even considered imbalanced by some after their horses got buffed and layman options were opened for them. Has anything changed since that time? Is this why Nikiel and Kuti left (I always viewed them as one of the most if not the most "knightly" guys to stay with the guild for so long)?

Edit: Although I must say it pains me to see KoS valar and blademasters. Cavalry taking up the layman slot gave the guild this elite feeling along with being great RP.
I don't think that Nikiel and Kuti left because of underpower. I wasn't Knight then.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 14 Apr 2012 17:14

Another issue with imbalance is alignment works differently for evil and good.
It takes much more effort to move from damned to goodaligned than from holy to evilaligned.
This causes that evil characters can grind on evil monsters and make small route in Kalaman fix their alignment.
But goodaligned chars are bound to fight only evil monsters. Two kills and You fall from holy to devout.

so it is much easier to play evil character than good one.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/