Elven Archers

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Rhaegar
Legend

Elven Archers

Post by Rhaegar » 24 Oct 2012 19:25

I guess it's high time to discuss how the most useless OCC guild in Genesis should be changed.

My idea:

- change the guild type from ranger to fighter
- remove spells, herbalism, sneaking and hiding (pointless in this guild), introduce hunting, tracking, find and remove traps and animal handling instead
- remove superior professional sword and introduce superior master knife instead (there's only 1 other guild using knives and a lot are using swords, sup master seems high but seeing how you can only launch 1-2 arrows when going alone it makes sense to have some fallback combat skills)
- up defence to superior master (still no parry though)
- remove bullshit aim
- give them some moderate damage special with knives and perhaps another one for evasion

- layman option would have no knives, defence and damaging special, it would have evasion and missiles at superior craftsman

Also, missiles should be taxed at half the normal combat skill rate. You're practically unable to use this when going alone and you're limited by the quality and number of arrows you carry. High fire/reload times aren't nice either.

What do others think?
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Laurel

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Laurel » 24 Oct 2012 21:26

Practice more with archers ...

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 Oct 2012 22:37

Must be a reason why the guild has so many OCC members...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Oct 2012 22:43

Same goes for SS or even militia.

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 Oct 2012 22:48

Well, Militia is really a layman guild, with 0 benefit for joining it as OCC (unlike archers, who give you more skills, better training and racks). Don't know about SS, I've always found it fun to have kenders around (even though I hate the little buggers). I guess that when the game moved to the "let's go and farm tough stuff day in - day out" most utility guilds ceased to be so desirable. It seems like today's gen is all about combat aid and not so much about other kinds of fun.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Oct 2012 22:50

What exact fun is there now with skills "hunting, tracking, find and remove traps and animal handling"?

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 24 Oct 2012 22:53

Those are general skills that help you with other stuff. Animal handling makes some couriers (ferrets) not run away from you. They're also helpful with questing and they make sense for the "hunter" background. They're not really necessary in this guild either.

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 25 Oct 2012 07:34

From what I heard, archers already have coded magic arrows and new spells. They've been there for awhile, but haven't been tested.

-B
Former Occ elven archer.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/