Beastmasters - my idea from 2009

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

Beastmasters - my idea from 2009

Post by Laurel » 12 Dec 2012 16:39

Got no reply to this back in 2009. Maybe now. Or you can take some of the ideas into the Chemosh thingie.

Code: Select all

Beastmasters of Gondor

Skills:
Conjuration spells 50-75
Illusion spells 50-75

Abilities:
Summon combat pet – bear or wolf

Pet’s abilities:
Bear: rescue (upon summoner’s order), swipe (low dmg to 1-2 enemies, autorepeated)
Wolf: bite (swipe*250% dmg to 1 enemy, autorepeated)

Stats/Skills of pets:
Unarmed combat or feral combat
Bear: high def (NUMBERS REMOVED), high natural armour (all locations NUMBERS REMOVED)
Wolf: high attack speed (110-125%)

Scaling (summoner stat/skill vs pet stat/skill):
Strength -> bear 100%, wolf 50%
Dexterity -> bear 50%, wolf 120%
Constitution -> bear 100%, wolf 80%
Intelligence/Wisdom -> 20%
Discipline -> bear 80%, wolf 80%
Defence -> defence*50%
Brawling -> swipe/bite/rescue, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill
Spellcraft -> bear constitution, wolf dexterity, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill
Conjuration spells -> pet basic level (before scale from skills/stats), swipe/bite damage, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill
Illusion spells -> pet basic unarmed/feral combat skill (before scale from skills/stats), swipe/bite damage
All magic skills -> pet resists against given magic
Total armour/4*50% -> additional armour on pet
Guild stat -> pet basic level, swipe/bite damage

General:
Both pets could be summoned min. 30minutes after any of them has been killed. Both pets would have to be “in shadows = invis or 100 sneak/hide skills” when min. 5 minutes out of combat. Wolves would have to be able to sneak around with the same skill as the summoner at all times (autosneak on/off order). Both pets should have their own align increase/decrease for enemies killed and have the option to either autoassist their summoner or remain peaceful.
Pets could have some kind of “racial hatred” towards undeads or towards Mordor units (Morgul, Angmarim).
Beastmasters of Gondor should be accessible to non-Rangers upon approval from two Ranger Officers or one of the Captains and should have lower accessible illusion and conjuration spells, but also lower tax.

Kas
Legend

Re: Beastmasters - my idea from 2009

Post by Kas » 12 Dec 2012 18:14

Layman?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 12 Dec 2012 18:18

A wolf? Wolves were mostly used by servants of Sauron, great example here would be wolf and goblin alliance during the Battle of the Five Armies.

I'm not a fan of "pets" when it comes to abilities. I'd very much rather see proper bards, shapeshifters (druids?) and in ME Gondor City Guard and Morgul Stalkers.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

Tharandil
Adventurer

Post by Tharandil » 12 Dec 2012 18:33

Sounds like an awesome potential layman guild..we need those

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 13 Dec 2012 00:40

Kas wrote:Layman?
thought it was obvious from the desc ;-)

Rhaegar
Legend

Post by Rhaegar » 13 Dec 2012 02:09

Skills:
Conjuration spells 50-75 Do you really need that high skills to summon pets? I assume that's because summoning is done via spell, like conjuration's "Summon Creature I" for example?
Illusion spells 50-75 Why illusion of all schools?

Abilities:
Summon combat pet – bear or wolf Already mentioned that wovles would be un-roleplayish for goodies in ME

Pet’s abilities:
Bear: rescue (upon summoner’s order), swipe (low dmg to 1-2 enemies, autorepeated) KoS have rescue, why take away the uniqueness? Needs something else here.
Wolf: bite (swipe*250% dmg to 1 enemy, autorepeated)

Stats/Skills of pets:
Unarmed combat or feral combat
Bear: high def ([numbers removed]), high natural armour (all locations [numbers removed])
Wolf: high attack speed (110-125%)

Scaling (summoner stat/skill vs pet stat/skill):
Strength -> bear 100%, wolf 50%
Dexterity -> bear 50%, wolf 120%
Constitution -> bear 100%, wolf 80%
Intelligence/Wisdom -> 20%
Discipline -> bear 80%, wolf 80%
Defence -> defence*50%
Brawling -> swipe/bite/rescue, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill
Spellcraft -> bear constitution, wolf dexterity, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill How does spellcraft affect pets is beyond me...
Conjuration spells -> pet basic level (before scale from skills/stats), swipe/bite damage, pet’s unarmed/feral combat skill Better pets with better conjuration skill makes sense.
Illusion spells -> pet basic unarmed/feral combat skill (before scale from skills/stats), swipe/bite damage Illusion spells for combat enhancement? Transmutation would make more sense
All magic skills -> pet resists against given magic I have to give a big nope here. Some spell schools don't offer harmful spells (divination) so resists would be pointless. Why not just give the guild some abjuration spells and ability to cast protective spells on the pet?
Total armour/4*50% -> additional armour on pet How would you explain armour you're wearing influencing your pet? This could be handled by armour-buffing spells from transmutation (barkskin would be a great DnD example here if we're talking basics)
Guild stat -> pet basic level, swipe/bite damage

General:
Both pets could be summoned min. 30minutes after any of them has been killed. Both pets would have to be “in shadows = invis or 100 sneak/hide skills” when min. 5 minutes out of combat. Wolves would have to be able to sneak around with the same skill as the summoner at all times (autosneak on/off order). Both pets should have their own align increase/decrease for enemies killed and have the option to either autoassist their summoner or remain peaceful.
Pets could have some kind of “racial hatred” towards undeads or towards Mordor units (Morgul, Angmarim).
Beastmasters of Gondor should be accessible to non-Rangers upon approval from two Ranger Officers or one of the Captains and should have lower accessible illusion and conjuration spells, but also lower tax.

Instead of giving limits on how often they can be summoned, I'd rather have it handled by the spells and simply put a limited duration on summoned creatures. All in all, this seems more like some form of druid guild with all the magic skills and what not. Wouldn't it be better to simply give them "beastmastery" skill which could handle most of the things?

Food for thought.
I fear no evil for I am fear incarnate.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 13 Dec 2012 21:47

Reminder: Using numbers for skills, or defining things as percentages is fine. However, we do not discuss numbers for things such as weapon power, armour class, or mortal statistics, as that has always been and remains against the spirit of the game, and is classified as wiz-info.

Thanks,
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 24 Mar 2013 00:11

Bump :-P

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/