Should wizards enforce minimal guild rp?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Should wizards enforce minimal guild rp?

Post by Arcon » 06 Jan 2013 14:43

Laurel wrote: but c'mon - be the RP purist Arcon wants to pretend to be

What are you talking about? Rp purist? Can you even read? Try to read the title it says MINIMAL. Are you one of these people that exaggerate to try to make a weak point seem strong? Or do you just want to attack me? Did I at any point talk about anything but the BASIC rp that follows the history/rules of a guild.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 06 Jan 2013 16:15

Laurel wrote:
Greneth wrote:Laurel: That GT is free game.
it is now
but c'mon - be the RP purist Arcon wants to pretend to be and you'll eventually get there
also - Neraka trolls being "training grounds" for PoT/DA friends ... another "RP" excuse for PP, just like Harads for AA
I agree and disagree with you, I don't think it's a purist stand point he's coming from. A lot of it is common sense and a lot of it is what people "Think" they know. Is it ok for a neidar and a goblin/orc to team together? No, regardless of their OCC choices. Should a Knight kill Gont Guards, no thematically there is no reason, just because Guards are neutral doesn't make it ok. Can a PoT or Ally kill trolls in Neraka, yes. Problem is the PoT who came up with "Training" was too retarded to just say the Trolls are incompetent and are being put down like the animals they are for being worthless. Can a Calian team with a DA? Yes, but that's only once they get a council with a solid pair to stand up for their lore just because they require a team does not mean they are extensions of other realms, they are Defenders of Calia.

Amberlee: PvP is flawed but not in the way your thinking. Once again, go test things before thinking everything is the same as it was 10 years ago. A lot has changed with or without notice, most of the time the later. I held the same sentiments you did and was proven quite wrong. The problem is death, plain and simple. You cant create these huge players with a soft cap and expect them to throw themselves into PvP risking a chance at losing months or years of work. Sure we have the recovery that was a great step but not enough. Even if you were to completely remove the death penalty from PvP deaths I still feel like it wouldn't be enough but definitely the right move.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 06 Jan 2013 16:18

Between the two of us the last 2 years and even the last 15.. I think i have WAY more PvP experience then you have, and i am pretty confident in how things work.
Size inflation is another thing that is wrong, but that is another discussion.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 06 Jan 2013 17:00

amberlee wrote:Between the two of us the last 2 years and even the last 15.. I think i have WAY more PvP experience then you have, and i am pretty confident in how things work.
Size inflation is another thing that is wrong, but that is another discussion.
Your still wrong, experience or not.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 06 Jan 2013 17:02

No, I am not.
But by all means i fully expect the goblin lovers to jump in their own defence :P
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 06 Jan 2013 17:09

amberlee wrote:No, I am not.
But by all means i fully expect the goblin lovers to jump in their own defence :P
I haven't truly played a Goblin since 2007, played against plenty of them. Anyways this is getting no where and all that's gonna happen is a back and forth. So until you take a few characters and actually go test it out like I did when I held your mentality not too long ago and was proven wrong you'll be just a stubborn and hard headed as I was.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 06 Jan 2013 17:13

That... Is.. Just.. Priceless :lol:

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 06 Jan 2013 17:43

arcon wrote:What are you talking about? Rp purist? Can you even read?
:roll:

by the way - what exactly have you done (now the hard part) IN GAME about the issue you are voicing on the board?

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 26 Jan 2013 19:26

Laurel wrote:
it is now
but c'mon - be the RP purist Arcon wants to pretend to be and you'll eventually get there
also - Neraka trolls being "training grounds" for PoT/DA friends ... another "RP" excuse for PP, just like Harads for AA
Anyone can kill in Neraka if they wish, even leave without being hunted if caught.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 27 Jan 2013 15:50

But I heard the Trolls don't hunt everyone... :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/