Should wizards enforce minimal guild rp?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Should wizards enforce minimal guild rp?

Post by Kas » 04 Jan 2013 04:56

They do? Sounds progress to me! :twisted:
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Strider
Adept

It ends: Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.

Post by Strider » 04 Jan 2013 05:44

gorboth wrote:One thing that I would find illuminating, and might be good for community processing of this issue, would be a well-constructed list of what people consider to be the most reprehensible examples of guild councils who show full disregard for roleplay. What guilds are we talking about? Is it the entire council? What, specifically, are they doing that is so far from their presumed correct roleplay?
That is an awesome line of inquiry, gorboth. I look forward to seeing people's responses.

For myself, this is more hypothetical than specific. I've found those issues to which I've been privy to have been handled adequately, although I may be more sympathetic to the concept of keeping the laundry in-house than the community-at-large. Still, I'd like to know that the coded role playing aid given is well-designed and that the general hands-off philosophy doesn't extend to absurd lengths.
amberlee wrote:How about Calians that go pretty much constantly evil?
I don't believe that adequately addresses gorboth's questions (as above), but in the spirit of the season, please consider this.
Last edited by Strider on 01 Feb 2013 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
The preceding collection of words was presented by Strider's Player.
Any meaning you ascribe to them is most likely due to lucky happenstance or your misinterpretation.

If you'd prefer Strider's opinion, you'll probably have to ask for it in game.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 04 Jan 2013 13:46

Wall of text.. no :shock:
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jan 2013 16:32

Neidar Elder teaming with ogres and minotaurs and they are supposed to hate them more then anything else.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Jan 2013 16:57

Arcon: If everyone took all these things 100% seriously that would be cool from an RP perspective, however, it would also mean there will be very little teaming going on at all. If there's 10 active players awake its hard enough to find anyone to team with... I think that is a part of the problem as well. If you can do Mithas with that minotaur plexing, then its easy to forget that you're "supposed to" hate minotaurs. Or if you can have a goblin calian swarming behind you as an AA instead of going alone making no progress.... well....

I think its pretty understandable to be honest. If you want to raise in level, the game rewards this type of play. Especially if your only option is to grind alone.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jan 2013 17:19

Cherek wrote:Arcon: If everyone took all these things 100% seriously that would be cool from an RP perspective, however, it would also mean there will be very little teaming going on at all. If there's 10 active players awake its hard enough to find anyone to team with... I think that is a part of the problem as well. If you can do Mithas with that minotaur plexing, then its easy to forget that you're "supposed to" hate minotaurs. Or if you can have a goblin calian swarming behind you as an AA instead of going alone making no progress.... well....

I think its pretty understandable to be honest. If you want to raise in level, the game rewards this type of play. Especially if your only option is to grind alone.

If we should accept it then lets just take away all kinds of rules and "enemies". Lets just make it even more of a grinding game. For me this is what makes me not want to play.

Anyway, why should there be little teaming? If someone wants to be a goblin calia for the stats then that someone should pay the price of not teaming with some people. If you want to be a minotaur or a knight or anything else it is the same story. If you want to team with who ever you want to without any problems then join monk as a human with some neutral layman.

Every choice has its price and people should learn to pay it.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 04 Jan 2013 17:50

Because I was one of the people that teamed with DA's as a Calian Id just like to say don't use them as an example of good vs evil and RP. Less your extremely well versed in their lore using them is a bad idea. The only reason it wasn't allowed was because Knights essentially threatened to black ball us from teams for teaming with their enemies using an outdated alliance that none of them seem to care for less it involves them not getting what they want, bitter? Yeah I am ;-). So the council caved to appease everyone elses lore instead of following what OUR lore supported.

Futhermore what your asking wizards to police is something you can do yourself. See a Knight teaming with a DA or killing innocents in Palanthas and the council refuses to act on it? Post a thread on here and just do what you threatened to do to Calians at that time, blackball them. Eventually the complete lack of interaction will bore them and they will either shape up, quit the guild or game. Having a wizard play rp police is a waste of their time and opens up so many more favoritism doors that I personally would prefer to just stay closed. I'm sorry if I find this topic completely silly, but come on now were not 6 year olds that need Mommy and Daddys hand to hold for every little issue.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 04 Jan 2013 18:59

arcon wrote:Neidar Elder teaming with ogres and minotaurs and they are supposed to hate them more then anything else.
out of a sudden I feel approached :lol:
they are supposed to hate gully dwarves more, however that one is not supported by code :roll: neither do we have such a race in the game :(

the game does need RPers, hardcores ones among them and so I am happy you still lurk here
just pretty please (with sugar on top) don't try to force your gaming onto others?

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 04 Jan 2013 20:30

Laurel wrote:
arcon wrote:Neidar Elder teaming with ogres and minotaurs and they are supposed to hate them more then anything else.
they are supposed to hate gully dwarves more, however that one is not supported by code :roll: neither do we have such a race in the game :(

the game does need RPers, hardcores ones among them and so I am happy you still lurk here
just pretty please (with sugar on top) don't try to force your gaming onto others?
Are you suggesting that it is considered hardcore rp for a neidar not to team with a ogre?

btw, neidar don't hate gully dwarves, Flint did. He was taken hostage and made king for several years by a clan of gully dwarves.

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 04 Jan 2013 21:45

arcon wrote:
Laurel wrote:

Are you suggesting that it is considered hardcore rp for a neidar not to team with a ogre?

btw, neidar don't hate gully dwarves, Flint did. He was taken hostage and made king for several years by a clan of gully dwarves.
It's up to the individual how he wants to RP. As a neidar I didn't really like Knights and Rangers and I made Neidar quit the Alliance, and that's some people hated me ;P
There were even some fights between Knights and Neidars.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/