Clans and Blademasters Integration

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
petros
Site Admin

Clans and Blademasters Integration

Post by petros » 17 Feb 2013 09:17

Zhar has updated the Clans and Blademasters of Khalakhor so that their titles are merged when one is a member of both. Many thanks for Zhar who worked very diligently on this feature.

Thoughts on the new title structure? Please provide your feedback in this thread.

Alfirin
Novice

Re: Clans and Blademasters Integration

Post by Alfirin » 17 Feb 2013 09:39

Hey

Thanks to Zhar for bringing back this age old idea. It has been an integral part of the blademaster setup for eons. Nice to see it implemented.

I cannot say I like the new titles overly much. I went from being a high master with a blade ... to a mere swordsman :) Also it looks a bit odd that my occ title now looks like a bit of a byproduct rather than my occ title because I am a clansman :)

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Distinguished Swordsman of Khalakhor, the Steelstar of Calia, titan, male human

Maybe consider

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and Distinguished Swordsman of Khalakhor, titan, male human

Or even better merge it with my clansname if i pick one (right now I do not have one)

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and Distinguished Swordsman of Clan/Na <clan name>, titan, male human

Or

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and High Blademaster of <clan name>, titan, male human

It is great to see some creative changes in the game. Thanks Zhar and whoever else worked on this!

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 17 Feb 2013 14:37

I like my new title, but since the help files aren't updated it's hard to give feedback on the new structure.

Also, when I log on I get a notification that there is news but when I do 'bnews' there's notjhing there about this change.

/M

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 17 Feb 2013 20:11

mumon wrote:I like my new title, but since the help files aren't updated it's hard to give feedback on the new structure.

Also, when I log on I get a notification that there is news but when I do 'bnews' there's notjhing there about this change.

/M
Hmm... I'll look into that. There are some internal changes I've done (nothing affecting balance, just the way information on members is stored) and it might affect some non-title related stuff like news.
Alfirin wrote:Hey

Thanks to Zhar for bringing back this age old idea. It has been an integral part of the blademaster setup for eons. Nice to see it implemented.

I cannot say I like the new titles overly much. I went from being a high master with a blade ... to a mere swordsman :) Also it looks a bit odd that my occ title now looks like a bit of a byproduct rather than my occ title because I am a clansman :)

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Distinguished Swordsman of Khalakhor, the Steelstar of Calia, titan, male human

Maybe consider

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and Distinguished Swordsman of Khalakhor, titan, male human

Or even better merge it with my clansname if i pick one (right now I do not have one)

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and Distinguished Swordsman of Clan/Na <clan name>, titan, male human

Or

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Steelstar of Calia and High Blademaster of <clan name>, titan, male human

It is great to see some creative changes in the game. Thanks Zhar and whoever else worked on this!
Indeed, your title will become "of Clan <clan name>" instead of "of Khalakhor" if you choose so. I've made the titles merge at racial guild level (in front of everything else) since that's what internal notes on Blademasters suggested.

If I get more feedback on that I can turn it into what you suggested fairly easily. And on the Swordsman/Blademaster thing, I think that the old titles got pretty stale and boring (hence the change). If more people would like to be Blademasters instead of Swordsmen I will simply include such title for when your status in the guild is high enough. Does this sound fair?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 17 Feb 2013 21:25

Could you update the blademaster help file for titles and give a list of the new titles?

Mumon
Wanderer

Post by Mumon » 17 Feb 2013 22:48

I agree that the old titles felt stale. I prefer the new swordsman/swordmaiden ones over the old blademaster ones.
/M

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 18 Feb 2013 00:08

arcon wrote:Could you update the blademaster help file for titles and give a list of the new titles?
I was considering it before update and thought that maybe it would be better to keep them secret and make people guess and speculate - give them something to discover. Now it's still possible to determine someone's sword skill from the title but finding out who's got more guildstat might be a bit tricky :)

Alfirin
Novice

Post by Alfirin » 18 Feb 2013 07:02

Great. Time for me to go pick a Clan that matches then :)

If theres a majority of people who likes the new titles then you should keep them of course. I would be very fine with Blademaster being the top tier title - or if people do not like it - perhaps make it optional that when you reach the top tier you can choose between <top sword title swordsman of X> and <High Blademaster of X>. That would be the compromise I suppose.

Alfirin
Novice

Post by Alfirin » 18 Feb 2013 07:29

Just in case that you notice it here first, Zhar. I have left a group of bug reports in the clan guild for you. The helpfiles and the clan index in the guild room do not match. Picking a clan requires you to misspell clan and use clann as in the helpfile, instead of the spelling in the index displayed. When I finally got that right / wrong I now cannot examine myself, but the title displays correctly.

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Distinguished Swordsman of Clann 'IcLeoid, the Steelstar of Calia, titan, male human

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 18 Feb 2013 09:48

Alfirin wrote:Just in case that you notice it here first, Zhar. I have left a group of bug reports in the clan guild for you. The helpfiles and the clan index in the guild room do not match. Picking a clan requires you to misspell clan and use clann as in the helpfile, instead of the spelling in the index displayed. When I finally got that right / wrong I now cannot examine myself, but the title displays correctly.

Alfirin MacAlasdair the Distinguished Swordsman of Clann 'IcLeoid, the Steelstar of Calia, titan, male human
I know exactly what happened. It should be fixed soon.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/