Minstrel Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Minstrel Recode

Post by Zhar » 06 Mar 2013 02:38

My only hope is that whoever is going to recode them will keep the "musical" theme in there:

vibrato - damage
staccato - stun
allegro - haste
adagio - slow
hanging fermata - peace

You catch my drift :)
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 06 Mar 2013 04:50

Yeah that would be very cool :)
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 06 Mar 2013 08:58

Drop that peacecrap, will ya?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 06 Mar 2013 09:48

Kas wrote:Drop that peacecrap, will ya?

Aye, from ALL guild, its retarded

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 06 Mar 2013 17:45

How about turning peace into a spell that makes your teammates (but not yourself) invulnerable to all forms of damage while you "channel" the spell? This would make it more desirable and more tactical (as you could still damage/stun the channeler).

All in all, I'd like to see more stuff in gen that would make for more tactical approach - prioritizing and switching targets, guilds that don't give you much damage but perhaps give great crowd control abilities etc. Stack armour + smash & bash approach is pretty dull.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 06 Mar 2013 17:49

I've always like the idea of a Force Cage...

Not sure how it could fit into a Minstrel Theme, perhaps like a song that is so entrancing...essentially while it is being channeled the person cannot move, attack, essentially do anything but speak.

This lasts as long as the spell is being channeled or until the person is attacked/channeler is attacked.

It is more of a nuisance spell...but I've always felt like it had great potential and would be fun to cast on an annoying person, plus, tactically, it could end combat if you wanted to have it do that...similar to peace.

As a Kender I personally would use it on an obnoxious person who was bothering me...that would be hilarious.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 06 Mar 2013 18:36

Bleeding wounds, poisons, curses etc should still apply even if you are behind such a shield. The difference is that the enemy can't target you therefore not apply anything new, whenever it's a dot, direct damage or melee attacks.

I think I can make a group pretty much unkillable with such a spell though, particulary if I could select candidates from the goodie-side due to additional tankrotation-options and strong healing... :D

Honestly, I don't think such spells belong in a laymanguild, or in the game.
Last edited by Kas on 06 Mar 2013 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 06 Mar 2013 21:22

Kas wrote:Honestly, I don't think such spells don't belong in a laymanguild, or in the game.
My double negation sense is tingling...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 06 Mar 2013 21:56

Ooops.. :D

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 06 Mar 2013 22:13

If we are talking about team effect.

Think about bands: if two minstrels are in team and playing the same song (aura) the effect tripled.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/