Minstrel Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Re: Minstrel Recode

Post by Bromen » 20 Apr 2013 12:13

Taunt- No one can fling insults quite as creatively as a minstrel. Causes a specific target to enter combat with the minstrel.

Sonic damage- Minstrel plays a heavy metal like animation on his lute causing direct damage. *instrument required*

Passive healing- Minstrel remains out of combat and plays a soothing melody on their pan flute for his or her teammates. *instrument required*

Perform- If the minstrel successfully impresses his or her crowd, the players in the area absentmindedly gives them a coin based on skill and gxp.

-B

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 21 Apr 2013 14:28

Good ideas Bromen, but taunting... Now those insults are best from the mouth of the kenders (Who already know how to do that shit properly) ;)
Flee you fools!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 21 Apr 2013 15:47

bromen wrote: Passive healing- Minstrel remains out of combat and plays a soothing melody on their pan flute for his or her teammates. *instrument required*

-B
Nothing like having a person OUT of combat givving healing, do I need to say more?

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 Apr 2013 07:11

From what I know, a minstrel can heal and be out of combat with no issues currently. Was thinking a skunk berry type or a bit faster heal. If the minstrel were to enter combat, healing would be impossible.

-B

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 29 Apr 2013 10:17

Bromen ... please ;-)
I love the concept of auras for team tho.
Speed aura, def aura, ac aura, magic res aura, mana recovery aura, heal aura.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 29 Apr 2013 17:06

Laurel wrote:Bromen ... please ;-)
I love the concept of auras for team tho.
Speed aura, def aura, ac aura, magic res aura, mana recovery aura, heal aura.

Completely agree
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 29 Apr 2013 18:35

Make them occupational for the auras and if they want to play /sing auras they can't do anything but that because they need to hold a instrument and focus completely on that.
And they need rest between each song as to gather their voice. Two+ minstreals in a group can not do auras because the Muses cannot grant both the power because it is impossible to hear it clearly.
Like if you listen to two classical pieces at the same time.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 30 Apr 2013 17:38

I like the aura concept here.
I however dont like Karpath's suggestion.
While aura's will promote teaming and make minstrels a wanted adition to a team, a multiple auras restriction would go a bit against that.
While Karpath's suggestion is "logical" it is also not something we can afford to even consider with the current playerbase.
The donut as it is today actually only have enough grinders to support 1-2(On a slow day perhaps even 3.. but that is stretching it) teams.
And that would render it pointless to bring more minstrels.. I say if you go with the aura suggestion then go ahead and approve multiple auras..
Note.. This should be different auras, not the same one.. I am against stacking the same aura as it would quite frankly become too ridiculously powerful
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 30 Apr 2013 18:17

I also believe if we did this, we would want to make minstrels occupational so a bunch of sword swingers actually need a minstrel on their team, they don't get to be the minstrel themselves.

The aura idea is excellent.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 01 May 2013 12:03

gorboth wrote:I also believe if we did this, we would want to make minstrels occupational so a bunch of sword swingers actually need a minstrel on their team, they don't get to be the minstrel themselves.

The aura idea is excellent.

G.
This. And different auras could go on that premise as well.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/