Minstrel Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Re: Minstrel Recode

Post by Bromen » 02 May 2013 02:42

Why not make minstrels a sort of epic lay guild that can only be joined when certain legendary accomplishments have been met.

For instance:

Bromen
-Killed all boss dragons in game.
-Conquered 1000+ war areas.
-Has 100 days at myth level.
-Has 500 confirmed victories in the arena.
-Completed entrance quest given by wizard.
-Completed 90% of market quests.

*You have been deemed worthy to call yourself a minstrel, may your legend ever grow for centuries to come!*

Laurel
-Herbs a lot.
-Killed 100+ orcs.

*Your achievements have yet to catch the eye of our guild master. Please come back after you've done something notable.*

Once in, you have an option to choose an aura that is self only. After another level, you can make your aura affect your team or choose another
self only aura. Team auras are stronger than self only.

-B

Potential here!

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 May 2013 09:10

Or ... why not just make it occupational so the "Bard" class actually is represented properly? :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 02 May 2013 09:41

Give something for big players to strive for. Entrance into an elite guild would be fantastic.

-B

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 02 May 2013 15:11

"Elite" guilds doesnt have any place in Genesis now though.
I do love the idea of a Bard OCC guild though.
But dont remove the layman option.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kitriana
Champion

Post by Kitriana » 02 May 2013 19:19

Why does every laymen guild need to be turned into or have an Occupational branch created? Can we not just have some really good laymen guilds to choose from that are not tied to Occupational Guilds that require allegiances?

I'm expecting a Sybarus Laymen guild if this is going to be the trend. And throw in a Sybarus Racial while you're at it! /snark
If something I wrote sounds confusing ... assume you misunderstood it.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 02 May 2013 19:29

Kitriana: like. ;-)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 02 May 2013 20:57

I guess my thought on this is based on the fact that, currently, the Minstrel Guild doesn't really do anything very minstrel-like. The mode of their power is much like any other layman spellcasting guild, and doesn't feel much like what a bard should do. The structure of their guildhall, their titles, and their ability to choose a given instrument are excellent in terms of theme. That theme - the bard - is one very classic to classic roleplay, and we do not feature it in a compelling way.

I agree that a layman option for such a concept is a good thing, but would it not also be a good thing to allow someone to play that role to it's fullest extent? This, too, would allow us to create songs of power that truly make a difference, rather than just another form of layman spellcasting.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Rincon
Great Adventurer

Post by Rincon » 02 May 2013 23:11

Another OCC guild? I'd rather see some proper rogue/thief guild as an OCC and let minstrels stay as a layman option.

Laurel

Re: End of February Update

Post by Laurel » 16 Aug 2013 20:19

https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... t=minstrel - March 2013
petros wrote:
Laurel wrote:Can we have the join restrictions for Minstrels removed already now?
It looks a tad stupid to be banished from a layman guild without align/race restrictions for having been a dark disciple in the ancient past (how many years have to go past?) or for having left the Minstrels 3 times.
I'll be working on the Minstrels. Start a new minstrel specific thread and put your suggestions there.
Laurel wrote:You mean you can't just remove those restrictions now and they are to be tackled with the whole recode?
petros wrote:Every guild has issues. Rather not go around changing guilds unless we're doing the recoded changes.
Is it really more beneficial for the players (and through them - for the game) to let people wait for months to join their desired (important word) layman guild, instead of removing a single prop in the code?

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 16 Aug 2013 20:56

Why add the limitation of Occ or Laymen? Why not both?

Bard = Someone who uses the power of music to get through whatever encounter (Ya that's a laymen explaination.)
Singsword = Someone who is a fighter who also uses music to add during combat.

Why not allow both options.

What I think would be great about a bard is the ability to have a Neutral cleric guild where you could have someone on your team who's not evil, not good, has no limitations.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/