A new take on vampirism/guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: A new take on vampirism/guild

Post by Zhar » 04 Oct 2013 12:52

Personally, I'd like to see vamps being re-made to resemble the Nosferatu clan from the Masquerade. Hideous, disfigured creeps who have to hide from everyone and are most interested in gathering and trading information. There's secrecy for you :)

Ain't she pretty?
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 04 Oct 2013 13:06

Ooh...Hey pretty, want to see my throne?
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 04 Oct 2013 20:14

It would be cool to see vampires as made as a proper guild kinda a neutral/evil and a proper counterpoint to Spirit circle and Calians who are kinda made to be anti undead and as people point out are both kinda neutral/good. heck that kinda addition would make calia kinda feel like the medieval WOD section of genesis. with calians as the lycanthropes and elementalists/Scop as the defender of nature/Hunter/caster types.

Now another option for people who just want to rp as vampires without needing full on class mechanics you could make it a club. clubs have been known to add emotes and slight description changes.

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 05 Oct 2013 11:10

I am for opening a vampire racial guild.

But how? Well, it depends on what concept of Vampire we'd want to have in the game.

- If they are to be the superpower kind of vampires then it'd have to be occupational with big strengths and drawbacks (as I understand it has been in the past).
- Or if we just want vampire flavor without a lot of powers, then it could be racial. Though a BIG drawback here, in my opinion, is that we deny those players a "real" background racial. Because Vampirism is a disease, not a race, right?
- But if we want a Vampire identity, cool abilities, AND the possiblity to roleplay a secret (or not) vampire within other occupational/racial contexts, then it should be a layman guild. I think that'd be by far the best solution. Actually, I think that would be totally awesome.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 05 Oct 2013 13:16

I think it should be a club that would give you some additional mechanics or something and the only way to join it would be to get "invited" by one of the current members. A certain roleplay platform.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 05 Oct 2013 13:26

Zhar wrote:I think it should be a club that would give you some additional mechanics or something and the only way to join it would be to get "invited" by one of the current members. A certain roleplay platform.
Or perhaps a craftsman guild.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Oct 2013 13:29

Doubt vampirism will ever come in form as a craft or laymanguild.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 05 Oct 2013 14:45

Recoba wrote:I am for opening a vampire racial guild.

But how? Well, it depends on what concept of Vampire we'd want to have in the game.

- If they are to be the superpower kind of vampires then it'd have to be occupational with big strengths and drawbacks (as I understand it has been in the past).
- Or if we just want vampire flavor without a lot of powers, then it could be racial. Though a BIG drawback here, in my opinion, is that we deny those players a "real" background racial. Because Vampirism is a disease, not a race, right?
- But if we want a Vampire identity, cool abilities, AND the possiblity to roleplay a secret (or not) vampire within other occupational/racial contexts, then it should be a layman guild. I think that'd be by far the best solution. Actually, I think that would be totally awesome.
Vampire as racial guild is SO COOL.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Oct 2013 15:36

Recoba wrote: Because Vampirism is a disease, not a race, right?
Vampirism is often portrayed as an undead state in fantasy aswell, like skeletons, wights, wraiths, ghasts, liches etc.

So it's not necessarily linked to a disease (the modern versions in popular culture is usually explained by some contagination,
like viruses etc), and since we're sort of in an medieval setting with magic and everything, my personal opinion would go
for the undead being "unholy", true undeads rather than some virus. A classic approach perhaps.

So, if vampirism is a state, practically everyone living could turn into one regardless of guild memberships (but
their membership most likely be rewoked once it's obvious/deity takes action etc).

Now, I don't think they ever will allow a guild with undead properties on something in a layman, racial or craftman positions, nor do I think they should (the vampire 'state' is often portrayed as a very consuming one, with unique characteristics and serious drawbacks).

Part of the idea with vampirism was a new faction, a new vector if you will, in the genesis (almost nonexisting) political and interguild arenas, something I have a hard time to see how a calian/knight/da/aa/neidar with a racial slot plastic-teeth vampirism could ever inspire.

Creed

Post by Creed » 05 Oct 2013 15:47

And you believe that any of the current players, who currently doesn't engage in any political maneuverings, suddenly will begin doing so, just because they join a new guild?
I personally believe that it doesn't have anything to do with the guilds, but only the players..

The guilds doesn't make wars.. if it was so, there ought to be plenty of fighting out there.
When the players doesn't want to fight eachother out of fear of dying, or simply because they are too busy piling even more fantastics on to their already lame myth sizes.. well, then nothing happens.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/