A new take on vampirism/guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aimee
Wanderer

Re: A new take on vampirism/guild

Post by Aimee » 10 Oct 2013 16:24

I think that the first thing which is most important is to determine who's vampire we would model off of.

There are MANY and they all range in their lore. Lore of Vampires is very sporadic and there are few things that are 100% consistent across the board. Even crosses/garlic/silver is not consistent although it is more so than some other things.

The second thing that is important to remember is that Vampires were originally people. Yes they may start to seperate themselves from humanity, but for the most part they keep all of their human memories and this is one of the biggest curses a vampire has. They love and lose constantly for eternity unless they make their love a Vampire and even then they often lose their love over time.

The third thing is that while vampires are typically (not consistent) social beasts, they need blood from humans and the best way to do it is to draw them in with charisma and then use them, they also do whatever they can to keep themselves underwraps.

I've always felt that Vampire: the Masquerade is one of the better lores and one the most imaginative and fun to Roleplay.

Like I said, you find throughout the Lore Vampires who are not all evil. There are factions who see themselves as benefactors and who are really rather pleasant people. Creating a guild that limits social interaction and limits the want for a vampire to interact with others is not the way to go. Rather thinking of a way that having social interaction benefits the Vampire. Give them RP opportunity to hold parties. It would be great to find a way to make the social aspect of a vampire be important.

I don't know what this would look like, but I think it is important.

Aimee
vita aeterna

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Oct 2013 16:43

I agree with Aimee here.
Vampire: The Masquerade is in my opinion one of the best RPG vampire lore settings out there.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 10 Oct 2013 17:38

amberlee wrote:I agree with Aimee here.
Vampire: The Masquerade is in my opinion one of the best RPG vampire lore settings out there.
Amen. Very intriguing, fun to watch (the show), and also to read.
Aimee wrote:I want to be the first Vampire
Seconded -- the way you pulled it off the first time was nothing short of an RP clinic. Was very proud of you. I'm sure they will be popular, but I'm way too fond of Khiraa and waiting not-so-patiently for them.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 10 Oct 2013 22:21

Okay, fine fine ... I'll do it! I'll code your Twilight guild. It will be called Team Edward, and Aimee will finally get that glittering complexion in the sunlight she has been wanting.

Seriously, though. Vampires will not be returning to Genesis any time soon.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Tive
Rising Hero

Post by Tive » 10 Oct 2013 22:27

gorboth wrote:

G.
Oh noes. You destroyed some dreams here... People are going to ragequit now!

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 10 Oct 2013 22:53

Manglor wrote:
amberlee wrote:I agree with Aimee here.
Amen. Very intriguing, fun to watch (the show), and also to read.
By "the show" do you mean Kindred: The Embraced? If you can survive the first 1-2 episodes (which can be tough as they area heavily into B movie category) it becomes one of the best TV series ever created, on par with Rome, Firefly and The Wire. Rarely you see movie about vampires that focuses more on politics, interaction and character development than anything else. Reading is awesome too, the way they incorporate their theme/system into actual history/myth/legends is superb (most of the time).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 10 Oct 2013 22:54

just go to tyr get your skin painted sparkly white and rp the rest for now....

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 10 Oct 2013 23:35

gorboth wrote:Okay, fine fine ... I'll do it! I'll code your Twilight guild. It will be called Team Edward, and Aimee will finally get that glittering complexion in the sunlight she has been wanting.

G.

Lycans however...

*tease Gorboth
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 11 Oct 2013 00:09

Zhar wrote:By "the show" do you mean Kindred: The Embraced? If you can survive the first 1-2 episodes (which can be tough as they area heavily into B movie category) it becomes one of the best TV series ever created, on par with Rome, Firefly and The Wire. Rarely you see movie about vampires that focuses more on politics, interaction and character development than anything else. Reading is awesome too, the way they incorporate their theme/system into actual history/myth/legends is superb (most of the time).
Yes, it was epic. I loved it. Until the main character (Julian Luna) was killed in a motorcycle accident in Europe...that sucked. I watched it all the time growing up and was just enthralled with it.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 11 Oct 2013 03:12

Manglor wrote:
Zhar wrote:By "the show" do you mean Kindred: The Embraced? If you can survive the first 1-2 episodes (which can be tough as they area heavily into B movie category) it becomes one of the best TV series ever created, on par with Rome, Firefly and The Wire. Rarely you see movie about vampires that focuses more on politics, interaction and character development than anything else. Reading is awesome too, the way they incorporate their theme/system into actual history/myth/legends is superb (most of the time).
Yes, it was epic. I loved it. Until the main character (Julian Luna) was killed in a motorcycle accident in Europe...that sucked. I watched it all the time growing up and was just enthralled with it.

Oh yeah.. Thats how I got into Vampire: The Masquerate actually.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/