A new take on vampirism/guild

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: A new take on vampirism/guild

Post by Kas » 09 Oct 2013 18:50

If vampires ever return, I suggest this solution to make the guild playable in addition to carrying their burden:

At daylight (indoors, darknessitems etc will have no effect whatsoever on this), the power of the vampire is reduced by, let's say a hypothetical figure of 30%, + some abilities shuts down/inaccessible.

At night, +30% on power + nighttime only powers accessible.

I think it's a fair approach.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Aimee
Wanderer

Post by Aimee » 09 Oct 2013 19:29

I think this a valuable conversation,

Vampires provide a really interesting Roleplay and with guidance and direction and the right mix of policy and practice in recruitment could be a very meaningful guild that offers a lot to the realms through interaction and RP.

I think this suggestion is an excellent one. It would provide the right balance of burden/benefit to the guild that fits within the RP. I think a Global day/night cycle would be valuable and have the times be a bit more consistent.

I, personally, think this is well worth a conversation and well worth exploring at some point in the future.

Aimee
vita aeterna

Karpath
Adventurer

Post by Karpath » 09 Oct 2013 20:42

True death if they die -> rebirth as novice. That would make people re-think union with a parasite.
It is the fluttering of moths to the flame that amuses me.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 09 Oct 2013 23:38

Karpath wrote:True death if they die -> rebirth as novice. That would make people re-think union with a parasite.

Or atleast all combat xp wiped :o

Alexi
Veteran

Post by Alexi » 09 Oct 2013 23:41

Karpath wrote:True death if they die -> rebirth as novice. That would make people re-think union with a parasite.

Then you'd have to say the same about the Mages, and other undead (Necormancer layman), but I think you'd be surprised with the willness of many to agree to that.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 10 Oct 2013 01:34

yeah I don't think we have to go ironman on vampires. Maybe have them take additional death penalty (or no death recovery) if they die via anti Vamp methods, fire.... holy energy... garlic... pointy stick. maybe silver wepons. since the major downside of being a vampire is everyone seems to instinctual hunt you down with all your weaknesses.

Of course a more dynamic way to build a vampire is let them choose merits/flaws
more powerful they are the more vulnerabilities they have to take.
but that might end up to be difficult to keep balanced and it would be easy to
gimp yourself or meta-game.

Creed

Post by Creed » 10 Oct 2013 09:04

According to some of the myths, the stronger and older a vampire becomes, the less human and more beast is out.
Which could mean that once the vampires reach a certain point in gxp or guild age, they begin attacking people at random..
Same as if you have an unmastered JBS..

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 10 Oct 2013 09:54

Creed wrote:According to some of the myths, the stronger and older a vampire becomes, the less human and more beast is out.
Which could mean that once the vampires reach a certain point in gxp or guild age, they begin attacking people at random..

They also learn to controll themselves better, all the vampire books and or films I've ever seen have had the younger ones beeing more psychotic and random attacking, the old ones are ruthless and without a doubt evil as fuck, but they dont attack people at random.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 10 Oct 2013 16:00

Draugor wrote:
Creed wrote:According to some of the myths, the stronger and older a vampire becomes, the less human and more beast is out.

They also learn to controll themselves better, all the vampire books and or films I've ever seen have had the younger ones beeing more psychotic and random attacking, the old ones are ruthless and without a doubt evil as fuck, but they dont attack people at random.
I believe that ruthless/evil stuff comes from two major facts when you're a vampire:
1) you are so far removed from humanity that you don't really care about them, only use them as you see fit
2) if you can live forever (potentially) and have already lived for quite a long time you don't really see people, with their short life spans, as worthy of any attention or feelings (You've made some powerful enemy? No problem, just hide and wait for them to die from old age, you don't care about 50 years this or that way).
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 10 Oct 2013 16:10

Pretty much what Zhar says here.

After a while playing with your food isnt that interesting.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/