Hidden titles

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Creed

Hidden titles

Post by Creed » 05 Oct 2013 21:00

I have noticed that more and more guilds seem to be able to hide their titles..
Why is that? What is it good for?

I believe that it ought to be mandatory to everyone to show a title upon introduction.
Only exception might be the mercenaries, in my eyes.

In case it won't be so, I suggest that players who do hide their title, should lose some internal guild standing, as they apparently are too ashamed to show their affiliations, thus hurting their standing within their own ranks.

I think the development with every guilds being able to hide their titles, is wrong.
Why do guild coders, mostly of evil guilds, feel that this is needed?
And why do players want to use this option?

Kas
Legend

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Kas » 05 Oct 2013 21:25

For AA's, I assume it's their nature of existence that may warrant such an option since some of them deal with the regular citizens. The Army is supposed to be defeated long ago, therefore thematically supported to some degree.

No idea about Pot or Da's though.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Creed

Post by Creed » 05 Oct 2013 21:30

Neither PoT or DA's can hide their titles.. from what I know.

But the Vamps could, AA can, MM seems to be able to..

Perhaps the people of ME are just afraid to show who they are?
Not as bold as the people of Krynn..?

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 05 Oct 2013 21:41

Vamps make sense. They are Vampires who blend in amongst humans in order to feed from them without causing panic.

From what I know MMs can't hide they are Mages. They can hide their mage title. I don't see that as an issue. You'll always know they are a mage.

Smiths and Gardeners hide titles because they aren't needed to be shown constantly. You can always see in the description of them that they are a Smith or Gardener. This goes for Mages as well when you examine a mage you see "Is a member of the Morgul Mages" or some such thing...unless that has changed.

I believe Mercs can choose what type of title to show. Again you will always see they are a merc by examining them. I don't think they can 100% hide their title other. Other than that though, I don't know of any guide that hides titles really. Tricksters do, for obvious reasons, but they don't really exist anymore.

Windemere

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 05 Oct 2013 21:44

Well, thematically, regular mortals shouldn't know anything about the servants of the tower anyway if they could do such a thing. Many of those who approached the tower simply went missing and through time forgotten, fates unknown.

Cast aside into the abyss or otherwise, the regular citizen or heroic mortal would be none the wiser..
Last edited by Kas on 05 Oct 2013 22:55, edited 1 time in total.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 05 Oct 2013 22:13

Tbh title iding and even worse cloaks/spells that completely hide who you are even on examinations are just sad, ranger cloaks and SCOP spell beeing the worst examples of this

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 Oct 2013 06:06

Well i guess some consider it more of a rp thing really especially in the more mysterious or stealthy guilds. I sometimes feel a bit bad im not as stealthy rpwize as I am "Supposed to be" but i like to help newbies and stuff. which is really the main reason i made an alt specifically to help new players.

But then again genesis was always made to kinda be enigmatic that's why we have the descriptive adjectives and the introduction system to begin with. the cloaks are rather distinctive and imho kinda gives away a persons guild all on thier own
its not like you ca just walk into a shire clothing shop and get a ranger cloak. and even if you found one only rangers can wear the hoods and use it to disguise thier appearance.

Also for people in the know there are many other ways to determine who a character is if you are observant,
of course with the low population of genesis and the lack of rp these days the incognito tools may be a tad outdated.

cotillion
Site Admin

Post by cotillion » 06 Oct 2013 19:02

It's one of the things which guildmasters should think alot on before implementing. They didn't do that for a while.
I hope those days are over.

Celephias
Expert

Post by Celephias » 07 Oct 2013 01:23

I like the idea of being able to hide guild except OCCs. I think a player most closely aligns with their OCC choice and the noise of the other guild titles is just that. FWIW, I'd be fine with suppressing all of them but the OCC guild, especially racials, clubs etc.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 07 Oct 2013 01:34

maybe shorten titles rather than hide " of the rangers" should be fine for somone not wanting thier title to be a mile long. plus as i mention before if you got a hooded ranger cloak,satchel,herbing gloves, its not a secret. its like trying to hide your a knight while on a warhorse, or a calian whille wolfheaded.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/