Hidden titles

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Kiara » 14 Oct 2013 15:34

Kas wrote:Because you see a mage doesn't necessarily give you the right to know his actual rank and position? I think it's an aspect of metagaming, ruining immersion.

For something as alien and beyond the grasp of the common mortal, the only way you should be able to kbow is to join.
Hm. I guess that could make sense. Although in that case I think a "generic title" is the best way instead of no title. Like you will see "Kiara Tendertongue, the Calian Warrior" but I will see my full titles, and so does my fellow calians. Although I think it's good if everyone can see who's the leader of a guild, who is a recruit, etc. It makes communication with a guild easier, and in any pvp encounter it also makes it easier to see who's just a recruit and who's a full member etc. Like I said, I still think that it only makes sense that mercs and thieves can hide their titles completely.

Windemere
Expert
Posts: 286
Joined: 04 Mar 2010 05:37
Location: Winterpeg

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Windemere » 15 Oct 2013 18:48

I guess what I am wondering if why it is important to know someone's title.

If we think specifically about the Morgul Mages, which seems to be the conversation, it is quite obvious that they are Mages. Knowing their title isn't really important. Frankly I don't know many mages that would introduce themselves anyways.

I think it is pretty obvious through descriptions to know what guild someone belongs to. There are numerous identifiers if you know what to look for. Many are obvious like "Is a member of the society of Morgul Mages" for example.

Maybe I am missing something.

Windemere

Celephias
Expert
Posts: 255
Joined: 19 Oct 2010 19:23

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Celephias » 15 Oct 2013 21:46

I always find that the "He is a Nazgul of the Society of Morgul Mages" to be a bit of a give-away....

Kiara
Champion
Posts: 610
Joined: 03 May 2013 16:20

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Kiara » 16 Oct 2013 00:59

Celephias wrote:I always find that the "He is a Nazgul of the Society of Morgul Mages" to be a bit of a give-away....
Well.... as long as you dont meet someone in person you can at least hide your guilds on the who-list. For whatever that's worth. If I dont meet a person in a while will pretty soon dont know which guild theyre in, if they hide their titles all the time,. Not sure if thats useful but well... thats the only point to hidden titles I can see. That and the ones I already said about mercs and wanting to RP your layman guild only.

Amberlee
Myth
Posts: 1467
Joined: 08 Mar 2010 19:50
Location: Kristiansund, Norway

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Amberlee » 16 Oct 2013 07:19

Kiara wrote:
Celephias wrote:I always find that the "He is a Nazgul of the Society of Morgul Mages" to be a bit of a give-away....
Well.... as long as you dont meet someone in person you can at least hide your guilds on the who-list. For whatever that's worth. If I dont meet a person in a while will pretty soon dont know which guild theyre in, if they hide their titles all the time,. Not sure if thats useful but well... thats the only point to hidden titles I can see. That and the ones I already said about mercs and wanting to RP your layman guild only.

Your argument fails.
Why should you instantly know everything about someone just because you met them once?
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arcon

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Arcon » 16 Oct 2013 10:21

The "who f" gives out too much info in general. Why should you know when someone leaves a guild or dies just because you've met them once?
If we took away the "who f" list all this would be solved. To know someones guild you would either have to remember it yourself, write it down, ask someone or meet them in person again.

Laurel

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Laurel » 16 Oct 2013 10:38

Just change it from autoupdated to updated on meeting?

Arcon

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Arcon » 16 Oct 2013 12:27

Laurel wrote:Just change it from autoupdated to updated on meeting?
That would work and it seems logical.

Manglor
Rising Hero
Posts: 322
Joined: 16 Sep 2013 17:30
Location: Dieppe, NB, Canada

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Manglor » 16 Oct 2013 13:17

arcon wrote:
Laurel wrote:Just change it from autoupdated to updated on meeting?
That would work and it seems logical.
Agreed. Would actually add some mystique... "Is Logg still the Thane of Neidar?" "Don't know, not only does he not log in, he never leaves guild so I haven't met him in the past few years."

User avatar
Snowrose
Rising Hero
Posts: 307
Joined: 09 Mar 2012 22:04
Location: Reseda
Contact:

Re: Hidden titles

Post by Snowrose » 16 Oct 2013 13:33

I find it funny how bent out of shape people get over titles, on both sides of the argument. It is not like gen is a mmo where people have names over thier heads. global rp chat lines and tells. the game was made so that people could chiose to be anonymous the expanded who list is a more recent thing.

my polocy is more versitility if ppl want to hide titles let them if they want to be friendly thats fine to i tend to be friendly. but it is more realistic if people can tailor thier titles to thier comfort. not saying i wouldnt love guildchats its just not a genesis thing.
Image

Post Reply
http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/