Mages on recoded balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Dread
Great Adventurer

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Dread » 26 Oct 2016 03:18

Ody wrote:[quote="Dread]"No one is EVER going to address the ridiculousness of that guild. Which was kind of my point. No game I have ever played online, and typically my only drive TO play online is to pvp, has had a guild that the only answer for was: "Well, just don't make them mad..." That is so far from balance as to be hilarious.

So, thus my post. Just move on, ignore them. Pretend they don't exist. Find something to excite YOU about the game and engage in that.
Yeah. Why fix something that's obviously broken and unfair, just ignore the problem and it will go away.[/quote][/quote]

Nope, never said it would go away, as a matter of fact, I said the exact opposite.

However, what can go away is the pointless bitching. Being continually upset about something that isn't going to change is madness.

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 26 Oct 2016 03:24

You want some irony to ponder?

What happened to the last OP guild?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 26 Oct 2016 03:35

Dread wrote:
gorboth wrote:...the hit of that many garlic effects all at one time sent them auto-wimpying in panic all over Rohan...
If only we still coded such powerful weaknesses into the imba guild of today... ;)

Yea, it's also funny how you never quite mention the betrayal that a certain vampire friend suffered at Denbarra's hands, and yours. :)
*popcorn* Do go on! I don't know this story...

Dread
Great Adventurer

Post by Dread » 26 Oct 2016 03:40

Arman wrote:
Dread wrote:
gorboth wrote:...the hit of that many garlic effects all at one time sent them auto-wimpying in panic all over Rohan...
If only we still coded such powerful weaknesses into the imba guild of today... ;)

Yea, it's also funny how you never quite mention the betrayal that a certain vampire friend suffered at Denbarra's hands, and yours. :)
*popcorn* Do go on! I don't know this story...
I'll consider the retelling in another thread. As pointless as I believe it to be, this thread is about other things, and I won't be the one to hijack it.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 26 Oct 2016 03:42

Dread wrote:You want some irony to ponder?

What happened to the last OP guild?
Which one was the last one? Khiraa? Vampires? Vampyrs? Mystics? Death Knights (not sure they opened)?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 26 Oct 2016 04:01

Kvator wrote:
Dread wrote:pvp
that is well known - this is why I pointed at their ridiculous pve (aka grind) abilities that have no real base in lore nor in any kind of in-game common sense (ability to go fart around and turn any grinding area into newbie zone is basically stupid - big time)

but it turned into good-ol' times story-sharing event mixed with elaborates about MM's application/promotion process....well whatever (not unexpected at all!)
The Morgul Mages don't exist in lore. They are inspired by the lore... just like the Heralds, and even the Army of Angmar (i think that was a core reason Gorboth closed AA down the first time, wasn't it G?). The lore doesn't talk about anywhere an ability for rangers being proficient sand throwers, but that is a longstanding ability nonetheless.

As for the spell abilities, the MMs were recently (relatively?) converted over to the new magic system to allow for easier balancing of something quite complex and inconsistently applied in the past. It has been, and still is (balancing work on the SoHM and core magic system has been ongoing since May) a major focus of the Balance team.

I'll leave it at that, however I just want to point out the segue of mine and Gorboth was pretty deliberate... it is not our place to convince you the MMs are not superhuman, nor walk players through the meta of the pros and cons of how the magic system works. Dread makes a valid point on this.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 Oct 2016 06:31

Little known fact, and certainly one that shouldn't continue to be shrouded by past omissions:

Dread was the very first Morgul Mage. Not Denabrra, and not me. :-)

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 26 Oct 2016 09:22

Kvator wrote:
Dread wrote:pvp
...that is well known - this is why I pointed at their ridiculous pve (aka grind) abilities that have no real base in lore nor in any kind of in-game common sense (ability to go fart around and turn any grinding area into newbie zone is basically stupid - big time)..
The fart-thing you mentioned, it hasn't been possible for like half a decade. It belonged to the pre-recode version of MM, so past tense and not present. ;)
Last edited by Kas on 26 Oct 2016 17:07, edited 1 time in total.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

nils
Titan

Post by nils » 26 Oct 2016 11:39

You still fart when you ingest skunk berries. There's a real moment of clarity when a minotaur and an ogre are standing around farting and drinking as their wounds close rapidly.
Nil Mortifi Sine Lucre

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 27 Oct 2016 09:23

nils wrote:You still fart when you ingest skunk berries. There's a real moment of clarity when a minotaur and an ogre are standing around farting and drinking as their wounds close rapidly.

Definitely an environmental hazard that can detonate at any moment with devastating effects..
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/