Mages on recoded balance

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Manglor
Rising Hero

Re: Mages on recoded balance

Post by Manglor » 14 Nov 2013 18:45

Kiara wrote:But yeah, it means undead hunters should be EXCELLENT against undead, not just decent, and they should also be quite poor against non undeads, not great against anything just because its evil. Then you also get an imbalance.
Spirit Circle are excellent against undeads. Moreover, they are excellent against Morgul Mages. Healing, cleansing poisons, strong nukes are all great tools against MM. I'm not sure what personal experience you're referencing, but there aren't too many 'ceterus parabus' reports claiming otherwise. I know from my skirmishes with Nikiel in Ithilien, they are more than capable of not only surviving, but destroying MM. Sure, Iliana caught a flamebreath in the chin, but she was a small titan. And Hektor was white-girl wasted leading a team in Ithilien *hehe*

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 19:14

Manglor wrote:
Kiara wrote:But yeah, it means undead hunters should be EXCELLENT against undead, not just decent, and they should also be quite poor against non undeads, not great against anything just because its evil. Then you also get an imbalance.
Spirit Circle are excellent against undeads. Moreover, they are excellent against Morgul Mages. Healing, cleansing poisons, strong nukes are all great tools against MM. I'm not sure what personal experience you're referencing, but there aren't too many 'ceterus parabus' reports claiming otherwise. I know from my skirmishes with Nikiel in Ithilien, they are more than capable of not only surviving, but destroying MM. Sure, Iliana caught a flamebreath in the chin, but she was a small titan. And Hektor was white-girl wasted leading a team in Ithilien *hehe*
I never referred to any personal experiences. I just quoted Draugor.

And also qouted Petros, who said an undead hunter vs undead should be about 50-50% chance of winning, all other things equal.
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Nov 2013 19:16

Kiara wrote:
Manglor wrote:
I never referred to any personal experiences? I just quoted Draugor. And Petros, saying and undead hunter and undead should be about 50-50% chance of winning, all other things equal.

What? Read my post again will ya? The powers they have are very nice against morguls and if the spirit circle where warlike or atleast not such a bunch of loveydovey wimps they would actually pose something resembling a threat to the mages, however they unlike the morguls are more interested in RPing than pvping

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 19:18

Draugor: The thing about being "decent" is based on what Petros said. For how undead hunters should be. Which is 50-50 vs a mage. And I would call that "decent". Or equal. Not better than. Sorry for the confusion. I quoted him on that, not you. And you on the other stuff... uh... yeah confusing.
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 14 Nov 2013 19:19

Here is a concern with the balance concept.

If Spirit Circle are only good against Undeads that is a VERY small portion of the realms. Including PvE. And then you have Mages who are good against all fighters, and fighters who have no limitations against any other group. Basically the "undead hunters" are completely useless unless they hunt undeads while everyone else is able to hunt and grind whatever they wish without limitations.

Something needs to be different. Why would anyone choose to be so pigeonhold to one particular (small) group. It does not make for very fun play, even though it might make for good RP.

Windemere

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Nov 2013 19:23

Windemere wrote:Here is a concern with the balance concept.

If Spirit Circle are only good against Undeads that is a VERY small portion of the realms. Including PvE. And then you have Mages who are good against all fighters, and fighters who have no limitations against any other group. Basically the "undead hunters" are completely useless unless they hunt undeads while everyone else is able to hunt and grind whatever they wish without limitations.

Something needs to be different. Why would anyone choose to be so pigeonhold to one particular (small) group. It does not make for very fun play, even though it might make for good RP.

Windemere
Why go down that specialized limited path? I mean, undeads burn just aswell by fireballs/lightning/insert_elemental_thingy_here.
You are clerics afterall, opting for some anti-undead perks on the sideline if the idea is that you should have an edge. :P
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Nov 2013 19:24

Manglor wrote:

Agreed, hell if that guild had more real pvpers you'd be in deep shit :P Problem is that there arent enough people that can actually touch the morguls

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 14 Nov 2013 19:26

Kas wrote:

Windemere
Why go down that specialized limited path? I mean, undeads burn just aswell by fireballs/lightning/insert_elemental_thingy_here.
You are clerics afterall, opting for some anti-undead perks on the sideline if the idea is that you should have an edge. :P

So one guild should have the edge on you but you should have the edge on the rest of the game? Aye seems fair :P

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 19:27

Windemere
I dont know! But thats how it should be in a rock, paper scissors model isnt it? I mean logically. Else "paper" would be very powerful as paper can beat both scissors and rocks. And then we are imbalanced again?

Or we just simply balance all guilds with different strength and weaknesses and forget these rocks, papers and scissors.....:)
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 19:28, edited 1 time in total.

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 14 Nov 2013 19:27

Draugor wrote:
Kas wrote:

Windemere

So one guild should have the edge on you but you should have the edge on the rest of the game? Aye seems fair :P
My point was they can have both. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/