Guild XP progress bar

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kiara
Champion

Re: Guild XP progress bar

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 17:01

Double post. Ignore this.
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 17:17, edited 2 times in total.

Kiara
Champion

Post by Kiara » 14 Nov 2013 17:12

Kiara wrote:
gorboth wrote:I think there should remain some mysteries to the game, and guild exp is one such example. It is implemented uniquely in each guild, and should be viewed as one of the things you learn about through your own experiences and growth in that guild, and from the lore others wish to share with you from their experiences.

G.
I get that. Unfortunately the reality is people gain this knowledge from code they somehow acquired or with the help of chatty wizards. Yes, sorry, while the game probably isnt "corrupt" like in the past. Wizards still share. Some more than others.

I think generally to combat stuff like this it would be better to implement ways that are in line with the game theme. So everyone could gain a general understanding of how stuff works, in this case guild XP, without resorting to "cheats" to get it. Because honestly, it's much easier to talk to some people on Skype or MSN or whatever, than to start making experiments to figure out how guild XP works in your guild. That would be a very hard and tedious process, if even possible to research ingame, considering all the variables. No, most people figure this out through other ways, share with their friends, who share with their friends, etc. But I'd think you would have a much BETTER chance of retaining the "mystery" if you chose to present SOME of the information ingame. For instance if you dont know ANYTHING about how some of your guild abilities really work I'll probably start asking around, and before you know it you have the numbers, or someone even shows you the code. And thats actually too much. More than what you wanted to know maybe. But if you did get an ingame description or general idea then you probably dont feel the need to do ask around so much.

Like for instance, what stat is good for my guild special? Or is guild XP more important? Etc. This is info that could easily be presented in a thematic RP way in a guild, so people would not feel the need to chat up their wizard friends or somehow gain code access to figure it out. LIke a trainer could easily say "Remember that the most important thing when you SMACK people is that the stronger you are the harder you'll hit your enemy." And then you know strength is good for your guild special in a Genesis-way. Without numbers.

Stat average is a good example of this too. I think if there were ingame ways you could get an idea about your size people would feel less need to use their immortal contacts to get their stat averages. Because let's be honest here, a large portion of the population knows their stat average in numbers. But if there were, say some NPC who could "measure your strengths" or something, and present it in a more thematic way, there would probably be much less need for people to get numbers... and the main idea of Genesis is NOT to share stuff like numbers. And I think once you learn stuff like that it kinda loses its magic a bit.

So my main point is: Ease up on some of the secrecy, to keep the mystery!

Thats my suggestion anyway... personally I dont even look for this information about numbers and stuff but it somehow finds me anyway. Because people simply enjoy sharing this stuff even without being asked. And once you know... well you cant "unknow" it. So you start using the info instead. And probably spread it too.
Last edited by Kiara on 14 Nov 2013 17:18, edited 2 times in total.

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 14 Nov 2013 17:15

Kiara wrote:
Kiara wrote:
gorboth wrote:I think there should remain some mysteries to the game, and guild exp is one such example. It is implemented uniquely in each guild, and should be viewed as one of the things you learn about through your own experiences and growth in that guild, and from the lore others wish to share with you from their experiences.

G.
I get that....
Double post is redundant. :P
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 14 Nov 2013 19:28

Kiara wrote:
mumon wrote:

G.
My suggestion wouldn't remove the mystery of how, if at all, a guild utilizes the guildstat. Just the same as having descriptions for the other stats doesn't say anything about how a guild uses them for specials or other abilities unless there is some written documentation.

/M
I guess without knowing how guild XP is used it's not that useful knowing how much you have though...?
It will help to understand ranking page

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/