Dunedain Houses - how to lead a guild?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Arcon

Re: Dunedain Houses - how to lead a guild?

Post by Arcon » 21 Jun 2014 22:51

Berwyn wrote:I remember that certain Lords of the Dunedain houses, in the past, required candidates to prove their heritage of the particular house. Could someone please explain it to me, how it worked? For example how could a player prove that heritage and how could it be checked?

Regards,
B
I don't think you can "check" it but if the candidate came up with a good family story that fits in general and can show some kind of "proof" then I think that is enough.
Proof can be anything, a family jewel(they can be made), some kind of family artifact or maybe a "official" document, but it need to be something that can be accepted rping.
Or you can just have a existing member claim to be your cousin.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 22 Jun 2014 15:20

I like claiming to be relative and family story the most: )
However family jewels, and other heirlooms are also nice and would surely work for me (plus a story). And additionally it is possible to get from another member of the guild the ivory horn, as the name of the House is etched on it after joining and non-guild members can have it.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 22 Jun 2014 15:27

And what about Dunedain being the most knowledgeable ones, concerning history of Arda. Is it just a myth, or a part of a rp? Has it ever been enforced or encouraged by the Lords that guild members knew more than others?

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 06 Jul 2014 12:45

arcon wrote:
Berwyn wrote:I remember that certain Lords of the Dunedain houses, in the past, required candidates to prove their heritage of the particular house. Could someone please explain it to me, how it worked? For example how could a player prove that heritage and how could it be checked?

Regards,
B
I don't think you can "check" it but if the candidate came up with a good family story that fits in general and can show some kind of "proof" then I think that is enough.
Proof can be anything, a family jewel(they can be made), some kind of family artifact or maybe a "official" document, but it need to be something that can be accepted rping.
Or you can just have a existing member claim to be your cousin.
Yeah, that's a great way to do it. Ask for "proof" and then do some interviews. You find out what kind of person they are by this type of interaction, and the admission process is used to establish some kind of relationship with the person (you are going to be family, after all!).

Recoba
Great Adventurer

Post by Recoba » 06 Jul 2014 12:51

Berwyn wrote:And what about Dunedain being the most knowledgeable ones, concerning history of Arda. Is it just a myth, or a part of a rp? Has it ever been enforced or encouraged by the Lords that guild members knew more than others?
That has varied a lot in the guild. Some would require you to have only basic knowledge and others would want you to be more interested in the history of Arda.

I would say it's proper to ensure that they at the very least have an interest in and understanding of the Dunadan identity (in addition to basic general knowledge of Tolkien's world and the other races in it). Otherwise, what's the point of the guild?

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 07 Jul 2014 14:56

Thanks for reply Recoba: ) This is true that the identity is sgnificant part in joining the guild.
However, I find it very amusing to explore the evil Dunadan rp theme. I suppose the interaction and recruitment to the guild differs in such case. I don't think that a player who's not familiar with Middle-Earth would choose to join a House under influnce of Melkor.
So far I discvered that guild members appreciate it the most when guild councils organize recruitment and offer some sort of agenda for a guild. Which I find quite a challenging task but it seems that the ideal of Dunedain would be taking a role of a Lord of a House, interviewing candidates about the ME, adopting new members and making sure, the rules are followed: )

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 04 Feb 2016 19:49

Berwyn wrote:I have a lordship over one of the Dunedain Houses and my question is how to make players stay and accept their role instead of simply joining for two weeks and then leave or disappear? I decided first to leave the tasks before joining, because I noticed people don't like it and give up. Then I gave tasks after joining, but it didn't have any significant effect either. How to deal with characters who want to be Dunedain? Any ideas on procedures that would fit the racial guild? I am asking it because I really enjoy the guild and I would like others who play, to enjoy it too.

Regards,
Berwyn
It seems an extraordinary challenge! I enjoy it a lot, however I miss mistakes I make; which I hope sounds clear: )

Regards,
Berwyn

Snedecor
Wanderer

Post by Snedecor » 16 Jan 2017 22:55

Yeah all I require is a bit of RP, a few questions about Amandil (to make sure they know what they are joining), and join.

I do like that with the procedure they at least have to know what they are joining. A little embarrasign to have members of my house from a very good aligned ancestor walking around with either no idea of what they have joined or that it is good side RP.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 23 Jan 2017 23:24

I sort of decided to follow procedures set by previous Lord with slight additions. Players are bizarre beings, I have, it seems a lot to learn, before handling them properly.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/