Elven Archers

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Bromen
Champion

Elven Archers

Post by Bromen » 18 Sep 2014 06:25

Wondering why you can't use that mounted combat feature that the KoS have and tweak it for the Elven Archers so they can "distance" themselves from combat and fire off a special or two.

-B
Player behind the General of the Blue

Greneth

Re: Elven Archers

Post by Greneth » 20 Sep 2014 01:23

bromen wrote:Wondering why you can't use that mounted combat feature that the KoS have and tweak it for the Elven Archers so they can "distance" themselves from combat and fire off a special or two.

-B
It's more then that and from my understanding years ago when upgrading the Archers was being talked about no wizard wanted to even touch anything dealing with arrows and combat.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Sep 2014 14:24

Greneth wrote:
bromen wrote:Wondering why you can't use that mounted combat feature that the KoS have and tweak it for the Elven Archers so they can "distance" themselves from combat and fire off a special or two.

-B
It's more then that and from my understanding years ago when upgrading the Archers was being talked about no wizard wanted to even touch anything dealing with arrows and combat.
Not true.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 20 Sep 2014 15:46

Laurel wrote:
Greneth wrote:

-B
Not true.
That's what was said, it was on the old eden forum. I've also got a few pieces of mail regarding why Mercs special doesn't work with bows, assumed it was still the same problem. There may be more to it now, dunno maybe I'm wrong. Haven't been concerned with them since the Eden Forum.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 23 Sep 2014 21:39

I'm thinking about adding bow adaptability to the Mercenary guild. This would allow members of the lay Elven Archers to enjoy some synergy with the combo of an occ Merc, the way many layman guilds do, currently. I don't think I would want to have the merc guild train bow, specifically, as it does other weapons. Instead, it would just add the ability to adapt that skill as it does all other skills in the game. So, like the Hiddukel thief guild, being a Merc who specializes adapatbility in stealing skills can really boost the experience. The same might be true here for Elven archers and their bow skills. The key will be adding an appropriate "master trainer" for the guru quest that represents bow mastery somewhere in the game.

Can people please suggest npcs that would make sense for this role? I'd need the name of the npc, and its location.

Thanks!
G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 23 Sep 2014 21:47

gorboth wrote:I'm thinking about adding bow adaptability to the Mercenary guild. This would allow members of the lay Elven Archers to enjoy some synergy with the combo of an occ Merc, the way many layman guilds do, currently. I don't think I would want to have the merc guild train bow, specifically, as it does other weapons. Instead, it would just add the ability to adapt that skill as it does all other skills in the game. So, like the Hiddukel thief guild, being a Merc who specializes adapatbility in stealing skills can really boost the experience. The same might be true here for Elven archers and their bow skills. The key will be adding an appropriate "master trainer" for the guru quest that represents bow mastery somewhere in the game.

Can people please suggest npcs that would make sense for this role? I'd need the name of the npc, and its location.

Thanks!
G.
I would use the ranger NPC hidden in Ithilien, the one you make the rabbit stew for, or just Qualthas in Qualinesty.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 23 Sep 2014 22:34

gorboth wrote:I'm thinking about adding bow adaptability to the Mercenary guild. This would allow members of the lay Elven Archers to enjoy some synergy with the combo of an occ Merc, the way many layman guilds do, currently. I don't think I would want to have the merc guild train bow, specifically, as it does other weapons. Instead, it would just add the ability to adapt that skill as it does all other skills in the game. So, like the Hiddukel thief guild, being a Merc who specializes adapatbility in stealing skills can really boost the experience. The same might be true here for Elven archers and their bow skills. The key will be adding an appropriate "master trainer" for the guru quest that represents bow mastery somewhere in the game.

Thanks!
G.
Can't remember if it's Qualthas or not but use the guild NPC, he can't be killed. Nothing more annoying then trying to train something and the guys dead. *cough*Akiras*cough*

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 26 Sep 2014 05:19

I think half-elf in the inn near Kalaman is appropriate teacher.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 26 Sep 2014 08:39

zar wrote:I think half-elf in the inn near Kalaman is appropriate teacher.
That would be Ealanus.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/