Guild quickfix

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Nomm
Apprentice

Guild quickfix

Post by Nomm » 05 Oct 2014 18:19

I wonder will quickfixes be considered in the guilds that are waiting for recode? There are some guilds that are very weak that could be made more fun for players.

Kvator
Champion

Re: Guild quickfix

Post by Kvator » 05 Oct 2014 18:22

this thread was on for so many times already. No response then, prolly no response now. Examples were given as well (like improving dmg of sling for kenders to make them playable etc)

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 05 Oct 2014 20:11

example: Minstrels
if you leave them too often or you have been a Disciple before (how many years since those closed now?), you are banned
question about removing this ban yelled the same shit answer: not to be touched before they are recoded ...

srsly?!?!?

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 24 Nov 2014 19:57

Maybe one bump per day will result in an answer?

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Nov 2014 10:28

Indirect answers have been given often enough. People questioning this have been called ungrateful fucks.

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 25 Nov 2014 11:04

I have often advocated quickfixes on the guilds. I do not think wizards are against this per se (and I've certainly never been called to question for my reasoning) - they just lack the capable manpower.

I suspect it is a matter of prioritizing the hours and the value thereof.

Would one rather want the AoB team looking through new content and focusing on the recoded guilds as well as getting the remaining up to spec or do you want them to spend time on making new quickfixes and fixing not "well thought out" quickfixes.

I have seen many guilds with quickfixes and "feature of the day" and namely the player-fallout and wasted manpower of fixing, nerfing or even closing guilds that have been quickfixed to a point where player expectations of what the guild really should be able too is completely out of touch with reality.

So in my book I would prefer the wizards working on the first, even if SCoP was announced for a recode as the first guild back in 2006 and has a need for some quickfix soon enough :)

In addendum - I hear alot of "this and that guild is unplayable" and often this is from player underoptimizing or using the premises of the old combat system (pre 2006).

So - again - yes stats is important, but not king as it used to be. Skills and the correct use of items at the right time is far more vital.

The ability to have someone loose their skills (either by not parrying with the weapon you are not wielding, or being flustered by the right insult at the wrong time) has a major impact on the battle. This even helped some in the old combat system (one of the Balrog raids only succeeded due to the quick wits of two kenders from uncle trapspringer) and now much more so. Also try not always to think about how powerful your abilities are alone but rather how they benefit a team or how they work in concert.

If I just matched scops healing against other healers it is slightly worse. If I match scops damage output vs other damage dealers it is far worse. If I match scops debuff vs other debuffs it is useless. If I match scops pkill (NOT pvp) vs others it is non-existant etc etc etc

If I look at how the abilities work together or even more so benefit a team with complimentary skills & abilities - then I can offer something to a team without being quickfixed. Maybe not on the same level as some of the recoded guilds - but the guild is, while a bit offbeat not unplayable.

If everyone wants to be able to do everything - then close all guilds - merge Monks, Mercs, Rangers, BDA, Calians and MM and make it a free join for all.:)

Just my ramble
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 Nov 2014 12:04

Some guilds really are unplayable by todays standard, you cant compare them with SCoP as they are coded in different decades. SCoP are a really good guild, you surpass everyone on certain things and weaker on other. Using the right items SCoPs are, by far, the best tanking guild in Genesis. Not even Irks size and guild abilities can change that. Rangers are playable but when conflicts with recoded guilds starts the difference becomes noticable.

I understand your reasoning on quickfixes however i disagree, at the current pace and lack of interest in recodes, i doubt we see this project finished within reasonable time. This fact alone calls for quickfixes.

There are plenty of players dedicated to these guilds and to keep them playing this need to be adressed. Chemosh will cater the current playing players but it will not make those dedicated players return. We need new/returning players not shuffle around the existing ones in different/new guild.

History:
The community Alerts admin of the problem from botting, Years pass and when finally something is done we have players with abnormal sizes and money inflation.

The community alert admin of unbalance mages that can grind at unbelivable paces and kill anyone they want with ease. Years pass and when something is done we have lost several players due to ganking and all mages are myths and myths++++.

The above examples show that the admin is always one step behind. We can still do something about this but i suspect it will be done too late.

But hey, at least we get a new guild.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 25 Nov 2014 12:10

Ungrateful f*Chanele ╰_╯

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 25 Nov 2014 13:28

As for the SCoP misinformation, Chanele, I will gladly discuss it elsewhere. You are quite wrong, but I think I can see, why you have that impression. How about you PM me or get my Skype handle and I can perhaps explain why rather than hijacking the thread.

Now in regards to playerfighting and Rangers, the Rangers once sent out 2 Rangers joined by a Knight (Rangers: Cizada and Zoirenna and Knight: Tianar) who used very uncommon tactics - thinking outside the box - and beseiged Sanction with the following death of XX BDA officers and Soldiers before they even left Sanction. T

The result was a complete official surrender from BDA (if anyone remember that first BDA war with "Crazy Kayt").

Also Rangers time and again has proven that if they use their abilities correctly - they are very very hard to kill, but also have a very very hard time killing others (a bit like SCoP I might add). That the Rangers are having trouble now has very little to do with them belonging to old code I think. (I am perfectly aware that I have not outlined a detailed analysis of why that is so - but enough ramble from me already :))

In regards to quickfixes in general, I hear what you say that some guilds are in dire needs (and I agree a few might be(, but quickfixing them I think will result in more problems that it will fix in the long run. I would imagine more players and more wizards would help more but thats another debate.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 25 Nov 2014 15:28

There were no misinformation in my post, if you like we can discuss that elsewhere.

You already hijacked this thread when you made this all about the Rangers even though i said they were playable. Your examples comes from another century for christ sake and will not work today. The BDA has evolved, Rangers hasnt. Character sizes has exploded, Rangers has stayed the same. This also gods for SS and PoTs.

The reasons Rangers are having trouble with BDA is size differencies and recoded guild versus unrecoded guild. People play BDA because it is simple, require little effort and it comes with strong power single player and in team. This will attract big players and players who like pvp. Rangers has no power but decent survival abilities, this will attract another type of player. The gap between these guild are big and in time the gap will increase since army characters will grow in a much higher pace being able to grind.

Quickfixes is better then the current situation.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/