Guild quickfix

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
gorboth
Site Admin

Re: Guild quickfix

Post by gorboth » 17 Dec 2014 16:51

Hi Felagund,

Close down all the guilds I've coded, eh? YOU JERK!! ;-)

Actually, what people here have said is correct. All three of the guilds you've mentioned have satisfied the re-code requirements already, and do not need further work. But, I believe your overall premise is that with our relatively small active population, it makes good sense to have fewer options so that when players log in, they are likely to see more members of their guild awake for teaming/roleplay. I explored this argument very seriously myself years ago, and was quickly impressed by how many people there were who absolutely hated the idea. In the end, it became clear to me that we would lose far more than we stood to gain.

So ... we'll continue to slowly tread the path we have been on since 2008. The steps are slow and heavy, but they do persist!

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 17 Dec 2014 22:51

Can't wait until half the population is bda.

-B

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 17 Dec 2014 23:58

new recruiting platform for bda...." we are gorboth's baby..."

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Dec 2014 00:15

Snowrose wrote:new recruiting platform for bda...." we are gorboth's baby..."

"Even Gorboth fears us" :D

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 18 Dec 2014 02:09

Draugor wrote:
Snowrose wrote:new recruiting platform for bda...." we are gorboth's baby..."

"Even Gorboth fears us" :D
Me, code the Blue Dragonarmy? Heaven forbid! I can't take any credit for their origin or their recode. I did do the Mercs and Ogres, though. As for what I fear ... well, you'd have to talk to Styles for that, but we don't mention it. The BDA is about as frightening as those bucket-headed orcs in Cadu, as far as I'm concerned.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 18 Dec 2014 02:24

ahh ok that makes me feel safer. last thing I wanted was gorboth code chasing rangers around.

Mortis

Post by Mortis » 18 Dec 2014 04:15

I agree with Gorboth. I understand wanting more interaction. However, eliminating any of the variety of choices and career paths available to players is abhorrent to me. It's incredible the choices out there! Getting rid of ways people enjoy playing their characters is not an idea I like to think about.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 18 Dec 2014 09:28

no need to get rid of the " choices" if you combine companies really, Rangers often can choose between 2 wepons in training room. just expand functionality to choose "focus" as combat magic or subterfuge then colour our cape to reflect said choice. then let us start in any of hidouts/ or just make one or more hidout cosmetic, give us one council to rule them all(hehehe) bam combined. rangers specifically are already missing a choice since ROG was removed when RON reopened. if both branches of rangers had same start location(s) avalible and we could all vote on council. it would feel less seprate and apart.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/