Neidar Clan

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Irk
Rising Hero

Re: Neidar Clan

Post by Irk » 21 Oct 2014 11:37

Nah I am too old for grinding, i am doing what all dwarves love to do :P

Hektor
Veteran

Post by Hektor » 21 Oct 2014 12:51

Irk - we actually used the whole Calian debacle as examplfying why or why not Neidar could change - So when you're done hijacking our hijack you may want to read into the whys and hows. I am in favor - it is about time Irk was allowed to have an alignment that matched the way he was being played *tease*.
Lawful evil - conform or die.

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 21 Oct 2014 12:58

If Irk wants to make the Clan in to a rogue society that is not trusted by other cultures/nations and that leads the Clan on to a path of darkness and hated by all so be it. But that should not mean that the age old hatred towards all gobliniods goes away, so I don't think a AA/neidar or AA/sb should be possible.

They will sing songs of the evil Thane Irk and how it took them years of hard work and sacrifice to regain the trust, and in those songs they suspect Irk to be a infiltrated dark dwarf or corrupted my the Darkqueen :)

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 21 Oct 2014 15:14

I just want the Clan to be really neutral guild not neutral de facto good guild.
I dont see it as only evil cloaked in darkness and only good. In my opinion dwarves have specific nature and the most important rule for the Clan is to stay together and do what is the best for our business :D

I dont know why you suspect me for such evil future for the Clan?!??! :?

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 21 Oct 2014 15:35

Irk wrote:I just want the Clan to be really neutral guild not neutral de facto good guild.
I dont see it as only evil cloaked in darkness and only good. In my opinion dwarves have specific nature and the most important rule for the Clan is to stay together and do what is the best for our business :D

I'd petition to get the hard code removed then and RP the way you want.

Meercat
Beginner

Post by Meercat » 21 Oct 2014 15:44

If Thanar can join guilds with any other races who they hate and roleplay it, I don't see why Neidars wouldn't be able to. So what if they don't trust some of their guildmates. Is that any different from any other dwarf? They're not exactly known to be the most trusting, loveable folks anyway.

The real question is, do the Angmar soldiers even want grumpy old Neidar in their ranks?

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 21 Oct 2014 16:13

Irk wrote:I just want the Clan to be really neutral guild not neutral de facto good guild.

Want Neidar in darkness? First of all they are supposed to be extremelly distrustfull of magic, wich is usually needed for darkvision, also using darkness generating items is magic.

And we suspect you of evil since you managed to attack several and kill one of the knighthood before even making thane, one that was even in your own team, so yea

Amorana
Rising Hero

Post by Amorana » 21 Oct 2014 16:25

Draugor wrote: Want Neidar in darkness? First of all they are supposed to be extremelly distrustfull of magic
Exactly why Meercat's suggestion that Neidar could join Angmar is baffling to me. A dwarf would as soon cut off his beard as align himself with Mordor.
Zhar wrote: "Man, this guild I'm in is so god damn powerful! Please nerf or I'll have to leave it because it's no fun any more..."

Windemere
Expert

Post by Windemere » 21 Oct 2014 16:44

Neidar are good,

This is how they are in the lore on which they are based. They may be gruff, but they are Good. Dragonlance describes them as this, DnD monster manual describes them as this. Any reference to Neidar Dwarves in any of the lore deals with them being generally good.

Now, lets get to genesis specifically. Krynn in Genesis runs a short consistent timeline of pre war of the lance into the war of the lance. This is the time frame we exist in. Neidar aligned themselves with the Heroes of the Lance and the Knights during this war. They sided with the 'good' signed against the Dragonarmies and Takhisis.

If you want to go against all the lore and the timeline in Genesis just so you can join whatever guild you want then ask the Wizards to change it. You'll no longer be the Neidar though. You'll have to change it to the 'Irk Clan' and then you can be 'Irk Dwarves'.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 21 Oct 2014 17:22

Neidar are generally good :)
However i dont speak about joining the evil guild layman like some suspect here, but because of politic done by good guilds. As i said before times are changing, so we do. I dont see problem to join DA team and hunt some Calians, according to rule enemy of my enemy is my friend :D However hunting common enemy doesnt mean alliance and joining the dark side ;) It is only good business and after all we are still enemies.

If you still want to speak about Neidar/AA combo go here:
https://www.genesismud.org/forums/viewt ... f=35&t=699

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/