Calian Lore

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Greneth

Calian Lore

Post by Greneth » 21 Oct 2014 14:19

There.

I didnt just ignore large parts of the formation of the Calians, theres nothing good they did before the battle with Kroug bar refusing to kill prioners. Maybe I've forgotten something but I'm about 90% sure they never chose to do the right thing unless begged or forced. So there is nothing to leave out.

Again even once everything had settled they CHOSE to be a neutral party who would only step in if attacked. It's about the wording, "To fend off attacks". Not to kill off all Kroug, they are not some polar opposite chosen to kill all Kroug. Caliana was chosen, the Calians were not. It's all about the wording.

The biggest problem is the Alliance which seems to have thrown the misconception into people's minds that Calians are the Knights brother Guild. They should be played much like a SU, without all the large sticks.

Windemere
Expert

Re: Calian Lore

Post by Windemere » 21 Oct 2014 14:50

Well,

Based on your own pasting in the other thready they were supposed to:

14.7.3 The Warriors would be responsible for the elimination of rogue
krougs
and the suppression of any aggression by one community against another

So yes they were supposed to kill all Krougs.

Also, remember, Rangers are tasked with "protecting the free peoples of Gondor" much the way Calians are tasked with defending Calian citizens when attacked. Rangers aren't Neutral last time I checked.

Greneth

Post by Greneth » 21 Oct 2014 15:33

From my understanding Krougs entire army never made it, therefore based on the wording they are merely cleaning up the remnants of those who did attack them. But you would think that with your leader being slain by them you would of sworn them a natural enemy of calia.

Yet according to the laws of Calians one does not become an enemy unless you attack the palace or people of Gelan. Though I believe I it's only hard coded for those who attack the palace and calians. This is natural Warlord/Mercenary mentality. Leader dies you move onto the next and rebuild your powerbase. Had a DA slain the Grandmaster all hell would rain down.

What this means is by lore the Calians do not consider the rest of the Kroug army a enemy of Calia unless they attack them.

Rangers while defenders of the good people also follow the valar. Therefore they MUST be good aligned.

Zhar
Wizard

Post by Zhar » 21 Oct 2014 17:18

One of my mortals became the Calian Protector with honorable mention on their boards. Does this make him "good" even though he's a member of the AA?
Was an accident mind you, was going to the store in the palace and some krougs barred the entrance...
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 21 Oct 2014 21:55

Rangers have the only insta gkick for align I am aware of. Rest requires a logout/login to make that check.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/