Mercenary affiliations

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Aristos
Veteran

Mercenary affiliations

Post by Aristos » 20 Mar 2015 13:56

Hi,

This topic comes from a recent conversation I had with one of the new inhabitants of the donut.

I couldn't find any information on this by searching the forums, so I'm allowing myself to post this Tquestion/suggestion:

Mercenaries affiliate themselves to guilds or persons. I was wondering, do these guilds (council perhaps) or people get a notice that this particular mercenary has affiliated him-/herself with it?

It would be, in my opinion, a good idea if the particular council of a guild or the person would receive an automatic mail saying that this mercenary has affiliated him-/herself with it/him/her. The same goes when this particular affiliation is finished.

One could use this mechanism to prove alliegances, "hire" mercenaries, or place them in a test period prior to the actual one found in many guilds. For example, if a newcomer finishes tutori island, and then graduates from either the Academy or the Cadets, he/she could spend some time as a mercenary to better learn the ropes of the game and then decide to affiliate himself with a particular guild to make him-/herself known.

At the moment, we use the system of "contact the council", but what if this newcomer doesn't know where to look? Or if the council is inactive? Or he/she wishes to take a different RP approach before formally applying?

Since mercenaries decide their own fate, it could be their way of forming alliegances with particular guilds or people. Perhaps even mercenaries amongst them. Let's say a group of mercenaries want to band together and form a club of sorts. They could group, affiliate to each other, or a common name found by themselves or picked from a list, and RP, for example, a band of bandits.

What do you think?

Aristos
Veteran

Re: Mercenary affiliations

Post by Aristos » 20 Mar 2015 14:49

One thing I have to add to this which just came up:

I'm afraid of such a feature being misused by people wanting to have fun, so perhaps restricting the affiliation ability to a certain amount of guild experience would be advisable. That would mean the person spent enough time in the guild and is not a mere throw away character.

Bromen
Champion

Re: Mercenary affiliations

Post by Bromen » 23 Mar 2015 08:27

Found another home already? :(

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/