Ranger guild recode ...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zhar
Wizard

Re: Ranger guild recode ...

Post by Zhar » 19 Apr 2015 14:53

Was merely expressing my hopes for the guild. I'm not a part of this recode.

Travellers were changed so that you don't need another member to join and I don't think there is any other racial guild that do (Drow perhaps?). Hell, even Dragon Armies became free to join. I kind of like the idea of guilds being handled automatically. Sure, this makes them less appealing to some and not so 'deep' but at the same time it prevents a lot of problems and potential for abuse.

Dunedain are one of those guilds that is a throwback to the past, when skills like awareness and herbalism were at a premium. Now that everyone and their mother is a Gardener it is no longer the case.
Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

Erling
Greenhorne

Post by Erling » 20 Apr 2015 16:47

gorboth wrote:
A core aspect of who the Rangers are is tied to the legacy of their bloodlines. As such, I will also be recoding the Dunedain guild. Members of the Dunedain guild should be ready for massive changes, which will include a wipe of all house leaders and reconstruction of how that guild functions. Its current form relies on activity and responsive care of leaders, which in far too many cases does not exist. Synergy will be involved between these two guilds, giving perks to Rangers who are also Dunedain, and perks to Dunedain who are rangers (most likely.) If you are evil and feel this is unfair, please listen to the soft music of my violin.

G.
Any chance you could look at something similar with the Adventuresome Hobbits? I realize Hobbits being Rangers is a bit of a stretch thematically, but it has always been a part of Genesis and any reasons to have a few more of us running around would be great.

I seem to be one of the few that thinks the sweets and the tobacco are worth it.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 20 Apr 2015 16:51

The idea is that only Dunedain will be able to rise to leadership ranks in the Rangers. If hobbits can be Rangers (which I suppose might be possible) they would be more the rank and file members.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 20 Apr 2015 16:53

gorboth wrote:The idea is that only Dunedain will be able to rise to leadership ranks in the Rangers. If hobbits can be Rangers (which I suppose might be possible) they would be more the rank and file members.

G.
Wow, ok, since when are nazguls anything but "humans"? Nine rings to the human kings...
If you want to make it so only dunedains can be officers then do the same with MM.

Irk
Rising Hero

Post by Irk » 20 Apr 2015 17:03

wait a sec, Nazguls can be from no human? :lol:

Kas
Legend

Post by Kas » 20 Apr 2015 17:06

Arcon wrote:
gorboth wrote:The idea is that only Dunedain will be able to rise to leadership ranks in the Rangers. If hobbits can be Rangers (which I suppose might be possible) they would be more the rank and file members.

G.
Wow, ok, since when are nazguls anything but "humans"? Nine rings to the human kings...
If you want to make it so only dunedains can be officers then do the same with MM.
There are no such thing as orc/human/gnome Nazguls. They are all the same - Wraiths. :D
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Arcon

Post by Arcon » 20 Apr 2015 17:08

Irk wrote:wait a sec, Nazguls can be from no human? :lol:
I think there are some elves.
Err, sorry I meant orcs. :twisted:

Kas, so a wraith can never be anything but a wraith? Never an orc for example?

Where do those wraiths come from?

Erling
Greenhorne

Post by Erling » 20 Apr 2015 17:21

G.
Interesting. Would change things quite a bit in current leadership. Genesis has always had a Ranger guild that accepted the other "good" races the same as humans. I agree with you that Rangers are Dunedains in Middle Earth literature, but it will definitely change things in the Genesis version.

That said, I'm not opposed to shaking things up at all as long as I don't have to grow and start shaving my feet in order to continue to protect the shire. :P

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 20 Apr 2015 17:57

Laurel the (mostly) hobbit was in various officer positions in Rangers (including Captain a few times) for years. Zingil was the other non-human there. Last Dunadain captain in Ithilien was Gothmog (I MISS HIM!) ... a decade ago?

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 20 Apr 2015 18:11

The rules of the Dunadain need a bit of rework too, at least in the wording. It states that only humans can be of the dunadain, and if by any type of magic you turn into something other than a human, you'd no longer be allowed in the guild.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/