Ranger guild recode ...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Re: Ranger guild recode ...

Post by Ody » 26 Apr 2015 15:49

Laurel wrote:Or you could learn to (ab)use the ferret like it has been since it was introduced ;P The only real use of the ferret EVER was to check if MMs were nearby ...
Well I er might already do that maybe....

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 May 2015 08:34

one simple solution if you insist on trying to link the racial and occ guilds you can apease the elves by allowing Noldor as well as dunidain to have Synergy benifits. maybe have a ME race guild for dwarven and hobbit elder families as well. also its fine to have synergies without involving politics. maybe give specific comboes skill or cosmetic bonuses. Noldor rangers could get stealthier horses or riding deer. and maybe dunedain get a hunting dog or messenger falcon...(thinking of things a human woodsy/military noble may have))

ive gone years as a ranger/herald/noldor i was smith also for a while as well but it had bad synergy with how i play since im more of a gathering sort. so i have been a member of ME guilds just for themesake. I was a minstrel pre ranger but dragging a harp through the woods as i try to move stelthily with my dancer bells on proved to be rather difficult so i set aside the calling of music and devoted my life to the valar... but i also love noldor and my horse nixee and would not trade them for anything..

one of the chief benifits of being a ranger of genesis was the aspect of choice your layman could be heralds militia blademaster or elven archer ect as opposed to some that make you devote a layman. this is worse rangers are probibly 80% nonhuman and most of the leadership has been elven for some time, one of our main perks is to nominate and elect anyone in the ranks. and as prokop pointed out lore does imply elves halfelves and hobbits were in ranger ranks possibly leaders..

Im thrilled we are being recoded but our leadership methods are one of our best aspects and are really not one of the parts of rangers that need fixing.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 11 May 2015 03:47

[quote="Snowrose"]one simple solution if you insist on trying to link the racial and occ guilds you can apease the elves by allowing Noldor as well as dunidain to have Synergy benifits. maybe have a ME race guild for dwarven and hobbit elder families as well. also its fine to have synergies without involving politics. maybe give specific comboes skill or cosmetic bonuses. Noldor rangers could get stealthier horses or riding deer. and maybe dunedain get a hunting dog or messenger falcon...(thinking of things a human woodsy/military noble may have))

ive gone years as a ranger/herald/noldor i was smith also for a while as well but it had bad synergy with how i play since im more of a gathering sort. so i have been a member of ME guilds just for themesake. I was a minstrel pre ranger but dragging a harp through the woods as i try to move stelthily with my dancer bells on proved to be rather difficult so i set aside the calling of music and devoted my life to the valar... but i also love noldor and my horse nixee and would not trade them for anything..

one of the chief benifits of being a ranger of genesis was the aspect of choice your layman could be heralds militia blademaster or elven archer ect as opposed to some that make you devote a layman. this is worse rangers are probibly 80% nonhuman and most of the leadership has been elven for some time, one of our main perks is to nominate and elect anyone in the ranks. and as prokop pointed out lore does imply elves halfelves and hobbits were in ranger ranks possibly leaders..

Im thrilled we are being recoded but our leadership methods are one of our best aspects and are really not one of the parts of rangers that need fixing.[t/quote]

Oh the things I could do with a hunting dog.

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 May 2015 16:44

Being a prominent Ranger I say only humans should be officers.
In fact Dunedauns should get more skills and better abilities than the puny non-humans, also Thanar club should be mandatory.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 11 May 2015 18:11

OgreToyBoy wrote:Being a prominent Ranger I say only humans should be officers.
In fact Dunedauns should get more skills and better abilities than the puny non-humans, also Thanar club should be mandatory.

They should have.... "work camps" for anyone who aint a ranger too!

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 11 May 2015 18:14

Draugor wrote:
OgreToyBoy wrote:Being a prominent Ranger I say only humans should be officers.

They should have.... "work camps" for anyone who aint a ranger too!
Indeed, voluntarily workcamps. You'll get no money but free food and housing.
Also they must obey the ogre overlords and pay tribute to them, with magic items and coins.

Iris
Beginner

Post by Iris » 11 May 2015 19:47

If the ogres entered the "workcamps", they would reveal the whole camp to the enemies with their "boom"ing and huge footsteps :D
If animals believed in god, the devil would look like a human being.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 13 May 2015 14:03

gorboth wrote:A core aspect of who the Rangers are is tied to the legacy of their bloodlines.
I completely disagree, this is the most ridiculous statement as is the rest of that note, I have ever heard in my life.

Berwyn
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 13 May 2015 14:46

Berwyn wrote:
gorboth wrote:A core aspect of who the Rangers are is tied to the legacy of their bloodlines.
I completely disagree, this is the most ridiculous statement as is the rest of that note, I have ever heard in my life.

Berwyn
I know you're well-read on the lore, so: could you provide us with a different perspective?

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 15 May 2015 18:05

Most about this subject is said, so i wont repeat this all by showing my opinion and on what my opinion is based on. I just wanted to point out what these changes would mean for roleplaying. If one could only become an officer in the rangers guild, when one is a dunedain, where does that leave our character-stories? We have people in our guild who have great qualities and might make excellent leaders in the future. These people are not human and work hard on their character (and handsome beards ;) ). Should they give this up to become a dunedain, just to have a change of growing in ranks in our guild?

And what about me... Im a daughter of the river, not human (choose to be one, because i think Goldberrie probably looked more like a human than elf or dwarf or whatever. Im a dunadain, aldo it does not fit in the story of a daughter of the river, but purely based on that it fits better with my occupational guild. Should that mean that i have more change in a higher rank than the people im talking about, who have a great role-playing story, far better than mine?

So please do not 'fix' what works good :)
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/