Ranger guild recode ...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Chanele
Champion

Re: Ranger guild recode ...

Post by Chanele » 01 Mar 2016 16:01

Bump :shock:

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 04 Mar 2016 21:11

I have to say I find it weird that one of the most active guilds over the last couple of years, have been completely ignored when it comes to recoding. One would think that the Tolkien theme is what draws alot of new chars into the game, having the guilds who follow the theme up to date and attractive for new people would make sense.

Or I am just biased as a ranger who is a supermyth and still cant kill stuff :)

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 04 Mar 2016 21:49

Freya: Just as in the mortal world where different guilds have activity spikes, and others are almost empty, the same goes for the wizard world. For example right now, Krynn is very popular. Until very recently it was almsot dead, and all of a sudden it has several active wizards and a very active liege. Middle Earth was quite active a while ago, but right now only has one really active wizard. (Varian). As AoD I am the wizard manager, but that does not mean I assign people to work on certain things, motivation will always have to come from the wizard. I can nudge or suggest what people should work on, but the most important thing is that they enjoy what they are working on and WANT to work on it. And when it comes to guild recodes, they also need to be skilled enough to be able to do. Finding a wizard who got all that (time/skill/motivation) is not easy.

So... a bit boring but I will have to answer with the same old answer: We are getting a more and more active wizard community lately, and with more wizards active the chances are of course bigger for stuff to get done, including this. It's hard to make any promises though for the reasons above.

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 05 Mar 2016 10:59

I dont blame Varian and i get what you are saying Cherek. It probably will be hard to find a volunteer who is willing to put so much time in this guild. If only i was handy in these things...I can hardly make a decent trigger.

But i kinda have the feeling there are more reasons why our guild doesnt get the recode we need. For example I find it strange that ALL our enemies seems to be able to see us when we go stealth. I mean we got that skill for a reason... so why can we use it only on young players?
I think giving us a proper recode will also affect the powers of other guilds and with so much active wizards in the evil guilds and us only having Varian, i can imagine that when balance is discussed (if this happens i dont know) it will not be in our advantage.

Yes the war has made me paranoid ;).
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Mar 2016 13:24

gold bezie wrote:I dont blame Varian and i get what you are saying Cherek. It probably will be hard to find a volunteer who is willing to put so much time in this guild. If only i was handy in these things...I can hardly make a decent trigger.

But i kinda have the feeling there are more reasons why our guild doesnt get the recode we need. For example I find it strange that ALL our enemies seems to be able to see us when we go stealth. I mean we got that skill for a reason... so why can we use it only on young players?
I think giving us a proper recode will also affect the powers of other guilds and with so much active wizards in the evil guilds and us only having Varian, i can imagine that when balance is discussed (if this happens i dont know) it will not be in our advantage.

Yes the war has made me paranoid ;).
When it comes to sneak and hide that's a global problem, one that we are aware of, and something that should be adjusted. I know the AoB team has plans for this, but as usual I can't make any promises, since as always it depends on time and motivation for someone to do it.

As for wizards and evil guilds. Not sure what you mean there? Active wizards in evil guilds? What evil guilds? Where? Who? Army of Angmar and Morgul Mages are also Middle Earth guilds and have nobody working on them either. The AA also want's changes done to their guild. Mages were recoded a few years ago though, that is true, another guild that has been needing a recode for a very long time finally got one thanks to Eowul spending a lot of time and effort on it.

If by war you mean with the BDA, nothing has been done to them in many years and they have no active guild wizard either.

I think you have gotten a very wrong idea about how things work in the wizard world. Perhaps it is our own fault for not being open enough about it, but I can assure you there is no such thing as "evil" or "good" wizards. All active wizards care about the game as a whole, and want to create a place that is as fun and balanced as possible, for all players. Of course having the creator of the guild as an active wizard makes it easier to make changes, or update that guild if needed. Very few guilds have their creator around though, and very few guilds have an active responsible wizard at all. Rangers and most other guilds does not, including the other evil guilds. The reason why rangers are not recoded is because of the reasons I mentioned above, nothing else.

Mayobe
Adept

Post by Mayobe » 05 Mar 2016 18:43

Cherek wrote:When it comes to sneak and hide that's a global problem, one that we are aware of, and something that should be adjusted.
I am so happy right now.

Berwyn
Veteran

Post by Berwyn » 25 Aug 2016 15:17

Let the Lords and Ladies be, be being the choice to ward the living from becoming the living dead as only a Lord or Lady may decide the fate of a Dunadan only at his or her sole discretion... or to strip him or her from such choice.
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Johnny
Veteran

Post by Johnny » 15 Apr 2017 18:17

Any new updates?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 15 Apr 2017 22:22

Johnny wrote:Any new updates?
No news is good news!

Well not really in this case. No, there's no ranger recode ongoing or planned right now, it's been discussed, and plans have been suggested, but nothing has really gotten underway for various reasons. As usual it mainly boils down to the fact that someone needs to have the time, skill, trust and energy to take charge of the project and pull it through.

In terms of guilds, the Secret Society recode is in balance review, and the Wizards of High Sorcery is being playtested / reviewed. I can't estimate when either will open. Actually "Before THIS Christmas" might be a pretty reasonable estimate. But as most of you know, should a key person in either project suddenly decide to get married or sail around the world or something else silly, it can quickly become "Before A Christmas" instead. A project can stall at any time for any reason.:) But yeah, those two are right now the most likely guild updates / additions to happen. Rangers, we don't know. However, things can go really quick too if someone decides to take it on, so who knows.

I realise I wrote quite a bit of words without really saying anything, but hey, that's the reality of being a project manager in Genesis. You never know what the future will hold because the Genesis wizard workforce is highly erratic.:)

Drazson
Titan

Post by Drazson » 22 May 2017 07:03

Different question, mini necrobump maybe: Are there any updates on global stealth review? I've had some (most probably bugs) weird incidents with lighting working in peculiar ways lately but can't tell if it would be relevant. Sounds like it could so *hope*!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/