Ranger guild recode ...

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Kas
Legend

Re: Ranger guild recode ...

Post by Kas » 23 May 2017 13:31

SU is not a recoded guild, which is important.
Might and Glory flaming for changing dawn, ancient power revealed of an iron crown, clear and cold and shining so far and bright, crush the world in one clash of your binding light.

Gû kîbum kelkum-ishi, burzum-ishi. Akha - gûm-ishi ashi gurum!

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 May 2017 14:41

Amberlee wrote:Also..
Food for thought.
Having guilds with the Alpha Strike ability is a very bad idea.
Backstab is an alpha strike. Anyone wielding a dagger can do it too.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 23 May 2017 14:50

And auto impales are Alpha Counterstrikes (TM)
Tho my trademark likely to be challenged by Valve
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

gold bezie
Expert

Post by gold bezie » 26 May 2017 07:44

Amberlee wrote:What people seem to forget is this.
The Rangers of Ithilien were just Gondorian soldiers.
And the Rangers of the North were Dunedain warriors uniting under their chieftain.
There was no magic and no special sneaking and backstabbing skills.
Straight up soldiers and warriors.

In fact only one of them ever displayed magic affinity and that was Aragorn.
More so that was elven magic.
Amberlee is right... The focus lies too much on defence, and the magical skills make no sense. Rangers should be coded as a real warrior guild.
But there must be some diversity between all the guilds in Genesis. I dont feel comfortable speaking about my idea' s on the forum, afraid of giving too much guildinfo (most old players know everything, but some dont).
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that.

Tarax the Terrible
Myth

Post by Tarax the Terrible » 26 May 2017 12:15

gold bezie wrote:
Amberlee wrote:What people seem to forget is this.
The Rangers of Ithilien were just Gondorian soldiers.
And the Rangers of the North were Dunedain warriors uniting under their chieftain.
There was no magic and no special sneaking and backstabbing skills.
Straight up soldiers and warriors.

In fact only one of them ever displayed magic affinity and that was Aragorn.
More so that was elven magic.
Amberlee is right... The focus lies too much on defence, and the magical skills make no sense. Rangers should be coded as a real warrior guild.
But there must be some diversity between all the guilds in Genesis. I dont feel comfortable speaking about my idea' s on the forum, afraid of giving too much guildinfo (most old players know everything, but some dont).
Strider was a pussy, If Zingil and Xar had been in charge there only would have been 2 books.
Point being, the characters we create are pretty superhuman.
So it is safe to assume that there are thousands and thousands of boring plain npcs doing the other roles and we few are the special ones..

Rangers is such a unique and special guild in Gen that how to bring it up to date while still doing justice to the past is a real challenge.

I think the option of two branches soldier and ranger is the easiest way to do that.
If the soldiers feel a bit like knights, mercs, glads etc etc. Well that is kind of unavoidable and not all together bad. Plus at least they have their cross dressing secret lives to fall back on.
http://genesisquests.pbworks.com/
Join up and help each other with Quests :)

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 26 May 2017 17:20

The Rangers are part Tolkien and part Elessar. We don't want to do away with either half.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Mersereau
Champion

Post by Mersereau » 28 May 2017 00:06

This thread has gotten very amusing at least.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."
-Mel Brooks

Amberlee
Myth

Post by Amberlee » 28 May 2017 13:42

gorboth wrote:The Rangers are part Tolkien and part Elessar. We don't want to do away with either half.

G.

How on earth is THAT relevant?
The important thing is that the guild is updated and thus becomming playable compared to the other guilds, not to keep something for someone that is no longer here.
Unless you meant the guild structure.
That I can understand but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be updated and preferably soon.
The views posted by me on this forum is not the views of the character Amberlee in-game.
If you ask for my opinion here, you will get MY opinion, not that of my character.

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 May 2017 15:48

Amberlee wrote:
gorboth wrote:The Rangers are part Tolkien and part Elessar. We don't want to do away with either half.

G.

The important thing is that the guild is updated and thus becomming playable compared to the other guilds, not to keep something for someone that is no longer here.
That I can understand but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be updated and preferably soon.
Now now, where would you be without Lars?

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 28 May 2017 16:48

Arman wrote:
Amberlee wrote:

G.

Now now, where would you be without Lars?

Other muds and games? :)

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/