guru quests - differences

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
OgreToyBoy
Champion

Re: guru quests - differences

Post by OgreToyBoy » 01 May 2015 16:22

Need to stop that right now Gorby.
Set a weight on the skulls, 5kg a piece would be ok.
Of course weight vanish once collected in sack, or every skull harvested is magically transfered into my sack. Must.. Catch... Harley..

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 01 May 2015 18:07

OgreToyBoy wrote:Need to stop that right now Gorby.
Set a weight on the skulls, 5kg a piece would be ok.
Of course weight vanish once collected in sack, or every skull harvested is magically transfered into my sack. Must.. Catch... Harley..
Done. Heads will now weigh roughly 10 lbs (5000 grams) with a volume of 3 liters (3000 cubic centimeters.)

It zero's out when you put them in the sack.

Should fix the problem?

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 01 May 2015 18:44

Super :)
Now I need a string to make a true ogre necklace, heavy and smelly.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 23 May 2015 19:09

Laurel wrote:"Recoded" fighter guilds:
Guild A: conquer plains from an other guild you are thematically at war with - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild
Guild B: defeat a guy in your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild (the bother!)
Guild C: kill some dudes around your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; didn't reset last I checked
Guild D: go perform some stupid stuff in an otherwise NEVER visited area with another member of your guild - ufff, get your sup guru weapon skill; didn't reset last I checked
Guild E: mercs ... you know the drill ;p
Guild F: kill a dude WHEN he has one of the 3 magical items he might have (drop rates, bitch!) & find a dude somewhere random in half the game (Krynn), pass some seriously incomprehensive syntax on the way ... some (not only me) have repeatedly given up on the syntax alone, not to mention the whole quest; if you have done your guru before recode - you lost the prop

Guilds A, B and F are from Krynn. The difference between their guru quests is immense, including reliance on drop rates and cross continent random places. Because reason or strategy or the elitist feeling you should be entitled to after getting it done? Or just casually making life harder, because guild F is for strange people only anyway?
That awkward moment when I know exactly which guilds you're talking about due to guildhopping/altoholic. /sigh

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 27 May 2015 17:24

Manglor wrote:
Guild A: conquer plains from an other guild you are thematically at war with - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild
Guild B: defeat a guy in your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild (the bother!)
Guild C: kill some dudes around your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; didn't reset last I checked
Guild D: go perform some stupid stuff in an otherwise NEVER visited area with another member of your guild - ufff, get your sup guru weapon skill; didn't reset last I checked
Guild E: mercs ... you know the drill ;p
Guild F: kill a dude WHEN he has one of the 3 magical items he might have (drop rates, bitch!) & find a dude somewhere random in half the game (Krynn), pass some seriously incomprehensive syntax on the way ... some (not only me) have repeatedly given up on the syntax alone, not to mention the whole quest; if you have done your guru before recode - you lost the prop

Guilds A, B and F are from Krynn. The difference between their guru quests is immense, including reliance on drop rates and cross continent random places. Because reason or strategy or the elitist feeling you should be entitled to after getting it done? Or just casually making life harder, because guild F is for strange people only anyway?
That awkward moment when I know exactly which guilds you're talking about due to guildhopping/altoholic. /sigh
The hardest part about F is finding the dwarf with the right weapon. The dwarf that can be anywhere in Krynn can actually be scried with a scry crystal making it easy to pinpoint his location ;)

Bromen
Champion

Post by Bromen » 29 May 2015 03:33

Only Zestana... lol

Icarus
Veteran

Post by Icarus » 10 Jun 2015 18:34

Been a while since I was here, but I have too :P
True, this should be a lot harder, like D with a load of syntax stuff worse than Ferret Q had :P
Laurel wrote:Guild B: defeat a guy in your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild (the bother!)
Laurel wrote:Guild C: kill some dudes around your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; didn't reset last I checked
Might be considered a bit too easy, especially considering which guild it is...
Laurel wrote:Guild D: go perform some stupid stuff in an otherwise NEVER visited area with another member of your guild - ufff, get your sup guru weapon skill; didn't reset last I checked
Crazy a** quest, ye :P
Laurel wrote:Guild E: mercs ... you know the drill ;p
Maze is EASY, just time consuming!
Laurel wrote:Guild F: kill a dude WHEN he has one of the 3 magical items he might have (drop rates, bitch!) & find a dude somewhere random in half the game (Krynn), pass some seriously incomprehensive syntax on the way ... some (not only me) have repeatedly given up on the syntax alone, not to mention the whole quest; if you have done your guru before recode - you lost the prop
This Q is cool, but for those who claim so, NO, there is no XP in it.
Flee you fools!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/