guru quests - differences

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Shanoga
Wizard

Re: guru quests - differences

Post by Shanoga » 27 Apr 2015 21:21

Going through Mercs right now. Over halfway through (and now really dreading the maze) and not hating it, although it is a huge money dump and I don't have much yet. Because I haven't explore most places I do like that it is forcing me to explore and get more familiar with the realms as a whole. I think it's helpful enough that an easier variation would benefit a lot of new players.

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 27 Apr 2015 22:30

Shanoga wrote:Going through Mercs right now. Over halfway through (and now really dreading the maze) and not hating it, although it is a huge money dump and I don't have much yet. Because I haven't explore most places I do like that it is forcing me to explore and get more familiar with the realms as a whole. I think it's helpful enough that an easier variation would benefit a lot of new players.
Dreading the maze? Take a look: http://i.imgur.com/AmYcAzN.jpg

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 28 Apr 2015 00:26

Aristos wrote:
Shanoga wrote:Going through Mercs right now. Over halfway through (and now really dreading the maze) and not hating it, although it is a huge money dump and I don't have much yet. Because I haven't explore most places I do like that it is forcing me to explore and get more familiar with the realms as a whole. I think it's helpful enough that an easier variation would benefit a lot of new players.
Dreading the maze? Take a look: http://i.imgur.com/AmYcAzN.jpg
Ooooh. That actually looks awesome now. I haven't done hand maps in a while.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Apr 2015 14:18

cotillion wrote:I'm sure something can be made harder.
Maybe (just maybe) making the drop rate of the required item change from 100% (years ago) to lower and then lower again was done without taking it's need (on the dude, so not from a third party) for the quest into consideration? Maybe ... or maybe you are evil. Who knows ...

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 28 Apr 2015 15:30

Laurel wrote:
cotillion wrote:I'm sure something can be made harder.
Maybe (just maybe) making the drop rate of the required item change from 100% (years ago) to lower and then lower again was done without taking it's need (on the dude, so not from a third party) for the quest into consideration? Maybe ... or maybe you are evil. Who knows ...
Being the evil dwarven wizard who coded the guru quest for the guild in question (and the guild in question for that matter), send me an in-game mail with the specific issues you have with the quest. While your tears are tasty and are sold at a premium to a number of wizard tear-connoisseurs, I'll make an effort to check out the issues out. And as long as the liege of Krynn has no objections with me making changes i'll update it so it is less a frustration. I won't change drop rates, however I may be able to make changes that still allows you to complete the quest.

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 28 Apr 2015 15:43

Arman wrote:While your tears are tasty and are sold at a premium to a number of wizard tear-connoisseurs.
Strange - I'd think their amount has already watered the value down significantly ;p

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 28 Apr 2015 20:09

gorboth wrote:Not sure if you mentioned Ogres, which as far as I know have the hardest guru quest in the game. I think only 1 or 2 players have completed it.

G.
There is quest?

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 29 Apr 2015 00:08

Well ... sort of. You have to harvest skulls into oblivion to max out club and two-handed combat skill.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

OgreToyBoy
Champion

Post by OgreToyBoy » 29 Apr 2015 11:26

gorboth wrote:Well ... sort of. You have to harvest skulls into oblivion to max out club and two-handed combat skill.

G.
Ok, are a few that have finished it then.
We need to make it harder :)

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 29 Apr 2015 12:22

OgreToyBoy wrote:
gorboth wrote:Well ... sort of. You have to harvest skulls into oblivion to max out club and two-handed combat skill.

G.
Ok, are a few that have finished it then.
We need to make it harder :)
As i told Harley, I am going for the general title!

He'd better watch out in 10-20 years time.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/