guru quests - differences

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Laurel

guru quests - differences

Post by Laurel » 27 Apr 2015 12:22

"Recoded" fighter guilds:
Guild A: conquer plains from an other guild you are thematically at war with - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild
Guild B: defeat a guy in your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild (the bother!)
Guild C: kill some dudes around your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; didn't reset last I checked
Guild D: go perform some stupid stuff in an otherwise NEVER visited area with another member of your guild - ufff, get your sup guru weapon skill; didn't reset last I checked
Guild E: mercs ... you know the drill ;p
Guild F: kill a dude WHEN he has one of the 3 magical items he might have (drop rates, bitch!) & find a dude somewhere random in half the game (Krynn), pass some seriously incomprehensive syntax on the way ... some (not only me) have repeatedly given up on the syntax alone, not to mention the whole quest; if you have done your guru before recode - you lost the prop

Guilds A, B and F are from Krynn. The difference between their guru quests is immense, including reliance on drop rates and cross continent random places. Because reason or strategy or the elitist feeling you should be entitled to after getting it done? Or just casually making life harder, because guild F is for strange people only anyway?

cotillion
Site Admin

Re: guru quests - differences

Post by cotillion » 27 Apr 2015 12:55

As a former Krynn wizard I can confirm we always did our best to treat the players poorly.
If we have failed in this I'm sure something can be made harder.

Coddling players is for those lazy single-guild domains.

(Syntax shoud not be an issue, bug report that)

Ethuscuel
Apprentice

Post by Ethuscuel » 27 Apr 2015 13:34

cotillion wrote:As a former Krynn wizard I can confirm we always did our best to treat the players poorly.

Lol irl

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Apr 2015 13:43

cotillion wrote:As a former Krynn wizard I can confirm we always did our best to treat the players poorly.

You can choose for yourself which part of the above I am glad to hear/read truly and which sarcastically ;p

Chanele
Champion

Post by Chanele » 27 Apr 2015 14:05

You belong to guild B? ;)

Zar
Hero

Post by Zar » 27 Apr 2015 14:22

Laurel wrote:"Recoded" fighter guilds:
Guild A: conquer plains from an other guild you are thematically at war with - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild
Guild B: defeat a guy in your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; resets if you ever leave the guild (the bother!)
Guild C: kill some dudes around your guild area - go train your 10 weapon skill levels; didn't reset last I checked
Guild D: go perform some stupid stuff in an otherwise NEVER visited area with another member of your guild - ufff, get your sup guru weapon skill; didn't reset last I checked
Guild E: mercs ... you know the drill ;p
Guild F: kill a dude WHEN he has one of the 3 magical items he might have (drop rates, bitch!) & find a dude somewhere random in half the game (Krynn), pass some seriously incomprehensive syntax on the way ... some (not only me) have repeatedly given up on the syntax alone, not to mention the whole quest; if you have done your guru before recode - you lost the prop

Guilds A, B and F are from Krynn. The difference between their guru quests is immense, including reliance on drop rates and cross continent random places. Because reason or strategy or the elitist feeling you should be entitled to after getting it done? Or just casually making life harder, because guild F is for strange people only anyway?
A: you need to get enough rank to gain access to sup. guru skill. which requires size and/or RP.
B: You need defeat him fast. Probably easy if you are huge but if you are small it is painful experience.
D: and F: I think that you get quest exp there too. so it is COOL.

gorboth
Site Admin

Post by gorboth » 27 Apr 2015 20:47

Not sure if you mentioned Ogres, which as far as I know have the hardest guru quest in the game. I think only 1 or 2 players have completed it.

G.
Mmmmmm ... pie ...

Laurel

Post by Laurel » 27 Apr 2015 20:57

One word for you: maze (mercs). ;p

Aristos
Veteran

Post by Aristos » 27 Apr 2015 21:00

Laurel wrote:One word for you: maze (mercs). ;p
Piece of cake :-P

</sarcasm>

Alisa
Hero

Post by Alisa » 27 Apr 2015 21:13

I understand the argument, why is there such a difference in the quests.

I liked the hard one(F)
Mercs was little fun for me, but i understand it can be quite interresting to players who doesnt know all the places.

We know there is a difference, do we want them all to be of equal difficulty? If so, do we want all hard or all easy.
Last edited by Alisa on 27 Apr 2015 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/