requirements for joining a guild?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Ody
Hero

Re: requirements for joining a guild?

Post by Ody » 07 Jul 2015 15:26

Emraht has a good point. Neither the gardeners or the mariners have a level restriction.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Jul 2015 16:00

Emraht wrote:Or you could remove the restriction.
Yeah that's another way to do it, but that's really not my decision to make. I'll leave that to Eowul who's the closest thing we got to a Shire liege.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 08 Jul 2015 14:47

yeah its not exactly game unbalencing to let newbies make thier own swords considering as a newbie that may be the one time those swords are actually decent.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jul 2015 01:01

Snowrose wrote:yeah its not exactly game unbalencing to let newbies make thier own swords considering as a newbie that may be the one time those swords are actually decent.
I dont disagree, but nor do I know the reasoning for the restriction in the first place, so the AoD or Eowul will have to make that decision. I did however change so he now says "You're too inexperienced" instead of "You're too young". So at least now you get the correct "error message" when trying to join.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 16 Jul 2015 15:53

If my memory serves me.... in order to forge properly and quickly... one must be able to pump the bellows. In order to pump the bellows one must be ironlike or halfway or higher to it. Perhaps this is the reason for the size restriction? On most races the average strength reached by a player of that size is about the same as what strength is needed for the bellows.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 16 Jul 2015 16:35

Zestana wrote:If my memory serves me.... in order to forge properly and quickly... one must be able to pump the bellows. In order to pump the bellows one must be ironlike or halfway or higher to it. Perhaps this is the reason for the size restriction? On most races the average strength reached by a player of that size is about the same as what strength is needed for the bellows.
You're probably right. Although it might have been more logical to have the restriction on the strength stat, not XP, since it would make more sense for Bores to say "You're too weak to pump the bellows, come back when you've grown some more muscles." But I don't want to meddle too much in someone else's design. At least now Bores does not confuse players by saying the wrong things.

Creed

Post by Creed » 18 Jul 2015 13:01

You don't need to pump the bellows to forge..
It just makes it faster, if you do so.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 18 Jul 2015 15:28

Bellows speed it up, thats about it, and its around ironlike for it

But for stuff to be really good when you forge it, be prepared to make around 3-4K of that specific item :P

A slight recode enabling different types of ores to be made into bars and then forged would be awesome, could get it from the mines of moria or something :D

Azuri
Beginner

Post by Azuri » 23 Dec 2015 03:06

If I can give my 2 cents, unrestricted crafting can be bad. Ff14 the first version let you start off as a crafter and it was problematic, even the second version is a bit iffy. It seems nice on paper but if a huge insurge of players join can be problems of too much inventory in the game and a hike in player wealth.

My 2 cents on unrestricted crafting

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Dec 2015 15:24

Too much inventory? What does that mean?

You can't craft your way to more backpack space in Genesis..

And if someone wants to spend all their time crafting, as a newbie, I say let them.
They have the same rules as everyone else, though, that botting isn't allowed.

Going killing and looting will give more money than crafting any day.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/