requirements for joining a guild?

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Yensy
Beginner

requirements for joining a guild?

Post by Yensy » 05 Jul 2015 00:51

what are the requirements for joining the blacksmith guild? because ive been trying and they say im too young.

Cherek
Site Admin

Re: requirements for joining a guild?

Post by Cherek » 05 Jul 2015 01:41

Yensy wrote:what are the requirements for joining the blacksmith guild? because ive been trying and they say im too young.
Many guilds have age and/or mortal level requirements to join. Usually there is information about this in a book at the guild, but it appears this is not the case in the smiths guild. When exactly are you told you're to young? Before or after finishing the forging task?

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 05 Jul 2015 04:58

You need to be an adventurer that's anything but just beginning. If your at leas very far away from adept you can join. If that's too much info I apologize.

Yensy
Beginner

Post by Yensy » 05 Jul 2015 07:14

i was told right as i tried to buy the metal to start the task.Currently i am an apprentice so what level do i need to be to start?

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 05 Jul 2015 15:34

Yensy wrote:i was told right as i tried to buy the metal to start the task.Currently i am an apprentice so what level do i need to be to start?
Okay. Well seems like Ody already answered that. Meaning you're not far away. So it's not age but mortal level. Guess you need to grow a little more.

I checked the code and he does say you're "too young" which is confusing since what he actually should say is that you're too small. I'll will fix that so he says the right thing.

Snowrose
Rising Hero

Post by Snowrose » 06 Jul 2015 08:50

long ago when i tried to join the message was "your not strong enough" maybe that confused people also. Made people think str herbs and potions would help.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 06 Jul 2015 17:26

Snowrose wrote:long ago when i tried to join the message was "your not strong enough" maybe that confused people also. Made people think str herbs and potions would help.
Yeah I considered changing to that, since it makes sense for a smith's guild to require a certain STR, but as you said, I decided against it since that would also confusing when it's your mortal size that counts. Not really sure how to formulate it to be clear. Suggestions?:)

"You're too small" could be interpreted as hobbits, gnomes, etc can't join...

Shanoga
Wizard

Post by Shanoga » 06 Jul 2015 22:04

It might be too direct, but what about something like this?

"You are too inexperienced. Go learn more of the world and enjoy more adventures before entering into the forges."

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 07 Jul 2015 00:14

Shanoga wrote:It might be too direct, but what about something like this?

"You are too inexperienced. Go learn more of the world and enjoy more adventures before entering into the forges."
Yeah something like that should do the trick. Thanks for the suggestion!

Emraht

Post by Emraht » 07 Jul 2015 07:32

Or you could remove the restriction.

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/