Evil Magic Layman Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Berwyn
Veteran

Re: Evil Magic Layman Recode

Post by Berwyn » 30 Jan 2016 14:30

Nerull wrote:Greetings.

Hopefully, and this is not a promise, I may be able to take up the mantle on a recode of the Necromancers (layman). At the same time, I may also do the Valars, with the assistance and permission of Eowul and Varian.

I prefer to build new frameworks for both guilds in one go, so both functions and spells are created at the same time.

Now, regarding the Necromancers, they may move to Ravenloft, and they may change theme slightly (I was thinking of demonologists). If so, it means the old outdated necros are closed and replaced with the new guild.

Existing members of the necromancers may get a direct free pass into the new one, if the administration approves.

Now, thoughts? :)
Let it rot the way it is.

Berwyn
Evil to him who evil thinks.

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 30 Jan 2016 19:36

I'd rather it rot the way it is than see it take on the role of demonologists.

Nerull
Wizard

Post by Nerull » 31 Jan 2016 19:22

And if the guild keeps its theme (as necromancers)?

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 31 Jan 2016 19:23

Maybe talk with Gorboth bout Chemosh cult?

Won't be that good to have two guilds with similar/same theme (and this Chemosh Cult sounds pretty necromantic :) )

Zestana
Expert

Post by Zestana » 04 Feb 2016 15:36

Nerull wrote:And if the guild keeps its theme (as necromancers)?
It might spark my interest. Way more than Gorboth's guild.
Maybe talk with Gorboth bout Chemosh cult?

Won't be that good to have two guilds with similar/same theme (and this Chemosh Cult sounds pretty necromantic :) )
There is a vast difference between wishing to be a Necromancer on the side and being combat oriented as your main character as opposed to sacrificing race/occupational/laymen to be the same. Were it a question of opening one or the other. I would pick the Cult. Since one already exists I think they both (especially with the large numbers) should be able to find their place.)

Kvator
Champion

Post by Kvator » 04 Feb 2016 16:12

Well...maybe do some kind of evil-mage users layman-society with branches then (core spells would be the same, but each branch having few of their own). One branch could be necromancers (as they are now, but updated ofc), other could be demonologists the other could be hmmm..any suggestions? (maybe some witch female only stuff or something :) )
Everyone will be happy :)

ohh and synergize it with mercs (spells being heavy skill-dependant for example :))

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 04 Feb 2016 16:39

Kvator wrote:Well...maybe do some kind of evil-mage users layman-society with branches then (core spells would be the same, but each branch having few of their own). One branch could be necromancers (as they are now, but updated ofc), other could be demonologists the other could be hmmm..any suggestions? (maybe some witch female only stuff or something :) )

ohh and synergize it with mercs (spells being heavy skill-dependant for example :))

The old disciples? Evil casters if I recall, recode them and release, or something like them, I heard they where quite nice

Also a weaponmaster guild, something like blademasters but for all sorts of weapons, people have been talking about it for years, and its sorely needed 100% neutral

trick
Apprentice

Post by trick » 22 Mar 2016 17:21

From the Genesis page it is said that Necromancers of Vile Darkness are in Faerun, under Waterdeep.

However, as I understood from the talk on the newbie line, the path to Waterdeep is actually closed.

Have the Necromancers moved?

Arman
Wizard

Post by Arman » 23 Mar 2016 08:01

Draugor wrote:
Kvator wrote:Well...maybe do some kind of evil-mage users layman-society with branches then (core spells would be the same, but each branch having few of their own). One branch could be necromancers (as they are now, but updated ofc), other could be demonologists the other could be hmmm..any suggestions? (maybe some witch female only stuff or something :) )

The old disciples? Evil casters if I recall, recode them and release, or something like them, I heard they where quite nice

Also a weaponmaster guild, something like blademasters but for all sorts of weapons, people have been talking about it for years, and its sorely needed 100% neutral
When you say a layman weaponmasters guild, what you mean is a neutral layman damage guild right?

Anyway, without giving anything away there are a few things in the works that hopefully will provide a lot more options and variety for playing styles coming up.

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 23 Mar 2016 15:22

trick wrote:From the Genesis page it is said that Necromancers of Vile Darkness are in Faerun, under Waterdeep.

However, as I understood from the talk on the newbie line, the path to Waterdeep is actually closed.

Have the Necromancers moved?
No, they haven't moved. You can't just walk into their guild though. Best is probably to speak to a necromancer about it!

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/