Evil Magic Layman Recode

Only validated game players have access in this forum. Use this forum to discuss guilds. Note that as a general rule, guild abilities should not be revealed.
Forum rules
- Use common sense and be respectful towards each other at all times, even when disagreeing.
- Do not reveal sensitive game information. Guild secrets, player seconds are examples of things not allowed.
Zestana
Expert

Re: Evil Magic Layman Recode

Post by Zestana » 24 Jan 2016 22:36

Current state of Necromancers is a joke compared to Worshippers. Useful spells account for 4 things total out of 8 you pay tax for. One so broken its pointless to even explain. One an exact duplicate of another just different ways of doing so. A shame really because the guild and concept is so cool it just can't compare on a power level

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 24 Jan 2016 23:21

Ody wrote:I have a necro..and I've never had any complaints. I wasn't aware they even needed a recode.
Necromancers need recode as much as Heralds and Minstrels. The difference is the latters are being recoded but it seems Necromancers are going to stay the way they are.

I run a check on all magic layman guilds recently and compared to Worshippers other three are puny.

Manglor
Rising Hero

Post by Manglor » 25 Jan 2016 02:30

Syrk wrote:
Ody wrote:I have a necro..and I've never had any complaints. I wasn't aware they even needed a recode.
Necromancers need recode as much as Heralds and Minstrels. The difference is the latters are being recoded but it seems Necromancers are going to stay the way they are.

I run a check on all magic layman guilds recently and compared to Worshippers other three are puny.
Worshippers are amazing. And so is the tax....

Cherek
Site Admin

Post by Cherek » 25 Jan 2016 09:59

Syrk wrote:

What makes you think the Heralds are currently being recoded?

About necros, well you all know how it works. A skilled, motivated wizard with enough time needs to take on such projects as guilds. And they must of course want to do it. There are always things to improve in Genesis, but as you know one can't really "assign" a volunteer workforce. Nudge, and suggest maybe, but anyone working on the game must feel motivated and happy with what they are working on. Luckily the wizard population is growing, so in time perhaps we find someone to work on more guilds one day, including the necromancers.

They still have a use though, perhaps there are better options for the elite powerplayer, but the necros still have a couple of useful abilities.

Freya
Beginner

Post by Freya » 25 Jan 2016 11:58

Recoding layman guilds before all occupational guilds have been recoded just seems stupid to me.

Creed

Post by Creed » 25 Jan 2016 15:30

I totally agree with Freya.

The OCC guilds are the main features, the ones warring eachother and the main course.

Layman guilds are addons, the wine served.. adding to the overall flavour. :)

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 25 Jan 2016 17:00

Cherek wrote:What makes you think the Heralds are currently being recoded?
A wizard told me when i was a Herlad myself. Of course i might get it all wrong.
Last edited by Syrk on 25 Jan 2016 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

Syrk
Rising Hero

Post by Syrk » 25 Jan 2016 17:09

Cherek wrote: About necros, well you all know how it works. A skilled, motivated wizard with enough time needs to take on such projects as guilds. And they must of course want to do it. There are always things to improve in Genesis, but as you know one can't really "assign" a volunteer workforce. Nudge, and suggest maybe, but anyone working on the game must feel motivated and happy with what they are working on. Luckily the wizard population is growing, so in time perhaps we find someone to work on more guilds one day, including the necromancers.
It is what i was trying to do with this thread.
They still have a use though, perhaps there are better options for the elite powerplayer, but the necros still have a couple of useful abilities.
Yes. A few spells itself are useful. It is not all wrong but generally the guild is outdated compared to the other guild.
The guild in the direst state is Heralds i think. Minstrels and Necormances are a bit better off.

Ody
Hero

Post by Ody » 25 Jan 2016 17:16

Syrk wrote:The guild in the direst state is Heralds i think. Minstrels and Necormances are a bit better off.
Agreed! Let's fix the heralds first. But the necros could use some improvement. Making spells easier to get would be a start. Currently it's a guild only for the most patient people who have the time and energy to work to make their title go up.

Draugor
Myth

Post by Draugor » 25 Jan 2016 17:34

Ody wrote:
Syrk wrote:The guild in the direst state is Heralds i think. Minstrels and Necormances are a bit better off.
Agreed! Let's fix the heralds first. But the necros could use some improvement. Making spells easier to get would be a start. Currently it's a guild only for the most patient people who have the time and energy to work to make their title go up.

Tbh, Necrospells are easy, trigger it overnight and yer good

http://tworzymyatmosfere.pl/przescieradla-jedwabne-z-gumka/